Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Mosquito Bites and Spanx

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mosquito Bites and Spanx

In a series of unfortunate events, I found myself debating between baring my mosquito-bitten legs or hiding them beneath a love-handle-hugging maxi skirt.


The maxi-skirt (love-handles) won.  I couldn't keep a straight face so I took a headless shot:



Skirt: Forever21 (similar here)
Belt: Forever21 (kinda but not really similar here)
T-shirt: Target
Necklace + Earrings: Jene DeSpain
Bracelets: Banana Republic Factory

I didn't really want to blog about this outfit (it's an oldie from last summer.....and again: love handles!) but I had to blog about these great earrings from Jene DeSpain.  I love them - there isn't any outfit I haven't tried to wear them with.  Same goes for the necklaces (the Rockefeller with the Savoy Plaza) as they seem to go with whatever I'm wearing these days, but especially my v-necks.  


(and there's my ear.)

Don't forget to enter the JUNIEblake giveaway!

p.s. It wasn't the skirts fault.  The MomGut has gained a little bit of weight (a tire or two) this year.  Time to get back to the gym (or stop eating Oreos.)

pleated poppy

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At August 22, 2012 at 8:40 AM , Anonymous Two Thirty~Five Designs said...

Love Love Love this!! You look fabulous!
Feel free to stop by my Casual Friday Link Up and add this, would love to have you ;)
http://twothirtyfivedesigns.blogspot.com/2012/08/casual-friday-link-up_17.html

 
At August 22, 2012 at 11:10 AM , Anonymous Jessinia said...

I love the belt!!
http://seaglassandribbons.blogspot.com

 
At August 22, 2012 at 11:36 AM , Anonymous Jené DeSpain said...

This looks beautiful! I love how you styled the pieces together. Blasting this on my twitter/facebook today! Thank you :)

 
At August 22, 2012 at 11:37 AM , Anonymous Sandy a la Mode said...

i got a WHOLE bunch of mosquito bites lately too... and am just photoshopping them out hahahaah!!

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

 
At August 22, 2012 at 12:08 PM , Anonymous SHaron said...

That chevron maxi is too cute and I don't see any love handles! I'm a new follower :)

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
Enter my 2 giveaways!

 
At August 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM , Anonymous emily said...

I love that color of the shirt...and I like the maxi!

 
At August 22, 2012 at 7:09 PM , Anonymous Ashley Rainey Sullivan said...

I think you look super cute! Maxi skirts are my new best friend when I want to be comfortable but still put together!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home