Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Social KC: Restaurant Week

Friday, January 18, 2013

Social KC: Restaurant Week

Today kicks off Restaurant Week, and I've got my eye on some of my favorite restaurants.  With special prix-fixe menus ($15 for multi-course lunches and $30 dinners) this is the perfect week to try that new restaurant or stop by a tried-and-true favorite.

*Photo courtesy of Kansas City Restaurant Week
A few of my favorites from the list include:

McCoy's Public House and Brewery - Located in Westport, their famous Mac 'n' Cheese is a must try, you won't be disappointed (though it isn't on the special menu.)

Tavern (either location) - Great atmosphere, and the best mashed potatoes I've found yet (and the Chicken Marsala isn't too bad either, though neither one is on the special menus.)

Gram & Dun - Located on the Country Club Plaza, Gram & Dun's Asian Pig Wings are on the special menu for lunch and it's my personal opinion that everyone should try these at least once (and I'm not a big of "wings".....so that's saying something!)  Not on the menu, but also worth trying - their famous meatballs.

Fiorella's Jack Stack - Located in the historic Freight District, Jack Stack boasts the best high-end BBQ in Kansas City (aside from The Capital Grille's amazing filet mignon of course, which happens to be on the prix-fixe dinner menu!)

There are many more restaurants on the list.  Any of your favorites you think I should try?





2 Comments:

At January 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM , Anonymous Amber said...

My husband and I are in KC, too, and I'm so excited for Restaurant Week! We'll probably hit up Jack Stack and I'd love to try North in Leawood since it's so close to us and we haven't been before. We're using a Groupon at Plaza III this weekend, but I'm not sure if they're doing RW. Enjoy! :)

Amber
http://www.healthywealthydiys.com

 
At January 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM , Anonymous Catherine V said...

We will be checking out Affare (fairly new German place in Crossroads). It's supposed to be excellent!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home