Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Perfect Fridays, Perfect Vacations

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Perfect Fridays, Perfect Vacations

It's time for a vacation!  Well, it should be time for a vacation.  With a last minute vacation to see the Redwoods in California, a leisurely drive up and down the PCH 101 (we stopped at every scenic byway, I kid you not) and finally celebrating my kid brother's wedding in Portland, our vacation days (from school) have been used up.

Fall is so beautiful, but along with allergies comes another tiny little bug - the vacation bug.  I miss my family, I miss the warm weather, I miss the ocean; I'm sick of the same darn routine of cooking, cleaning, sleeping, cooking, cleaning, sleeping......



It's time to start getting creative.  I've got to squeeze something in before basketball and indoor soccer start up again.  All the quick weekend getaways close by mean the exact same weather as home, and no ocean.  My brainiac sister and her personal trainer husband live a few hours east, and my no-nonsense brother and his everything-she-touches-turns-to-gold wife live just an hour further.  Both live near tourist attractions; the type of attractions perfect for quick family vacations (or couples' getaways - yes, please! - and mini family reunions!)  The sometimes unpredictable weather means indoor attractions will be the safest bet....

Knowing my sons will just die if they don't get a chance to see their cousins soon, I've hastily put together a quick day-trip to Branson (just minutes from the brainiac.)  The last time we were in Branson was for a family vacation, and it was the middle of summer:



Never one to miss a perfect opportunity, I'm bringing my kid sister with us to babysit (don't feel too badly for her, she loves to visit this sister!) while we hit some of the indoor highlights (like the Hollywood Wax Museum.)  I've never been to a wax museum, but based on the website, I'm planning to come home with as many cheesy photos of us with our fake celebrity friends as possible, hahaha!  With it being Halloween (yes, I wrote this post last night) I'm just hoping it won't be creepy.  It's not creepy right?  All I can think of is that lame (but totally creepy) movie......

Saturday's day-trip might not make for a Perfect Friday, but it will surely make our weekend highlights!

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At November 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous Accessory Mercado said...

Thank you for hosting an AM giveaway! Best of luck all and happy shopping,
AM
accessorymercado.com

 
At November 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM , Anonymous Katy Rose said...

That jacket is awesome! I love how easy it is to slip something like that on in the fall and it automatically gives a little sass to the most basic look. So great! - Katy

 
At November 5, 2013 at 3:06 PM , Anonymous Debi@The Spring Mount 6 Pack said...

That necklace is really pretty.

 
At November 6, 2013 at 10:25 AM , Anonymous Linda Cassidy said...

what a pretty piece.

 
At November 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM , Anonymous gigisgoneshopping said...

Sporty. Chic. I love it. ITA leggings aren't pants and that it's easy to szjujz up an outfit for post-workout errands.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home