Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: 31 Days of Styling Tips (with unsolicited opinions!)

Monday, September 30, 2013

31 Days of Styling Tips (with unsolicited opinions!)

I have an awesome weekly gig,  watching my two nieces while my Dr Brother teaches his college-age students about the human anatomy.  Not having any girls of my own (I have three boys,) I like to take these weekly fiascoes to get my fair share of girl time.  Today was wrought with Disney Princesses (okay, just one,) songs I can't stop singing (No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wiiiiiissh will come trueeeeeee) and a trip to the grocery store.  I needed a few last minute items for dinner, and I (in my wisdom and old age) decided that taking a not-quite-one-year-old and a not-quite-three-year-old would be old hat for me.  And it was.  Right up until I got the two bags tossed in the car and bent down to get my sweet little niece out of the front of that cumbersome plastic cart.  Clutched tightly to her chest was a shiny new package of stolen M&M's.  I am not making this up: I had just chucked a carton of ice cream in my car, knowing that my sweet, fattening dessert could just barely survive the ride home before melting.  Presented with taking my niece inside the store to return the stolen goods or saving my ice cream, I paused.  And took my nieces back inside to return the M&Ms (where the Customer Service kid smiled and called my niece cute and smiled at her.  I wanted to ask him to make her cry.  I mean, I'm sure that is what her parents would've wanted, right?  That being dealt with, we got all buckled in to the car and headed back home, hopefully with the ice cream still intact.  Fast forward two minutes, and the thief starts yelling at her little sister.  Why?  Because she had fallen asleep, and we all know what a relief no-no that is.  In desperation, I hand the thief a bag of overly-processed powdered donuts and we ride.  In peace.  For a suspiciously long time.

The moral of this story? I make a better aunt than I do a mother. lol

What does this have to with 31 Days?  Absolutely nothing.  I just wanted to give you guys a peek into my daily life before I let you into my closet.......



Day 1: That's today!
Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:
Day 8:


Why did I post this series under Simplicity and Organizing?  Two reasons: This is simple styling (anyone can do it!) and there will be organization, on every level.  This year will bring you 31 more styling tips (see last years pro-styling tips here,) that will include (but not be limited to) whether leggings should be worn as pants (I expect every one to weigh-in on that one!) and how to maximize your closet space (basic principles that can be applied to every room in your home!)  See you all tomorrow!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At September 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM , Anonymous TraciMLittle said...

Love that you posted it in this section! Very creative!

Here's mine: Simple Living

http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2013/09/31-days-of-simple-living.html

 
At September 30, 2013 at 9:09 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thank Traci, I'm looking forward to your simple and healthy food post!

 
At September 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM , Anonymous sandyalamode said...

you will be blogging everyday!??! YESSSSSSs

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

 
At October 1, 2013 at 2:44 AM , Anonymous Leah Hudson said...

I am glad you included yours in the organization and simplicity category because I could find you! I need some serious styling help. I have decided that by the time my almost one year old is in fact one, I should challenge myself to wear something each day that I absolutely could not sleep in that night.

 
At October 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM , Anonymous Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Such a cute cute picture - we do what we have to, right?

 
At October 15, 2013 at 10:13 PM , Anonymous melissa (Mommyhood Chronicles) said...

That picture is adorable!!! I def need some styling help!

 
At October 26, 2013 at 2:20 PM , Anonymous Faith and Family Reviews said...

I love your little "thief's" powdered sugar face!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home