Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: My Secret Name (that's not so secret anymore, ha!)

Monday, November 4, 2013

My Secret Name (that's not so secret anymore, ha!)

It's Sunday night, and while The Mr watches football, I'm piddling around on the internet.  In my over-the-knee socks.  Because I'm too lazy to change out of my Church-going skirt (but that's another story.)  I've finished catching up on social media, I've checked the weather forecast, I've scoped out all the new arrivals on my favorite shopping site, so I decide it's time to get back to work: I find myself entering my birthdate, awaiting the answers they advertise will be revealed on the Secret Language Name website, awaiting answers I may or may not want to know, haha!

I hit the reveal button and......


I'm a Structured Manager.  Oookkkkaaayyyyy.  That's not bad, right?  I start reading the description of those people born on that day, and it's not bad.  They aren't calling me a Mildewed Donkey (seen Top Hat anyone?) but my ADD means I'm cursorily glancing in the right-hand column at a  list of other Managers.  But there descriptions are a bit more.....enticing.  Like Influential Manager, Empowered Manager, and Articulate Manager.  I'm feeling like maybe I got the short end of this Manager stick, lol!  And then I reach the beginning of a soul-crushing paragraph, "September 20 people often allow their emotions to run away with them..."  Yep.  That just about sums me up.  Just ask any one of my siblings.  Or my Dad.  I'm not sure that I'm up for this form of internet self-realization.  But that doesn't keep me from continuing to scroll down.  Because there's more.  Much more.


Ugh, snobbish?!  The truth hurts sometimes, doesn't it?  I'm just kidding (but feel free to tell me I am not, in fact, snobbish....kay, thanks.)  But it is a little crazy how spot-on some of these descriptions are.  Now for the fun part, checking my sister's secret names.

Ouch - one of my sisters is a Reformed Career Concerns.  Sounds like an insult right?  I'm dying laughing.

Then there is my brother - Compassionate Transformation (doesn't sound like him at all,) but when you get to his Week of Intensity - that is him to a T.  Poor guy :)

What's your secret name?  Do you identify with what it says about you?  And what do you do on a Sunday night?


I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home