Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Camouflage Pants + Pre-Conceived Notions

Friday, August 17, 2012

Camouflage Pants + Pre-Conceived Notions

No really, this was our weekend camping trip.  

Several things led me to this blog post:

Lisa Murie of Peridot Skys once asked a few of us bloggers, " What is one thing we wouldn't know about you after reading your blog?"

My Aunt told me to bring clothes my kids could get dirty in (do they have anything they can't get dirty in?) 

My sister snapped a picture of me and said, "Proof that Erin goes camping!"

 I'm wondering if you might have some misconceptions about me.  

I camp (only in the mountains, if I can help it.)  I wear camouflage pants (only in the mountains, if I can help it.)  I wear sweatshirts (only in the mountains, if I can help it......just kidding.)  
I can rough it (sort of - there was running water after all, in limited supply.)
I love being outdoors. 
I hike.  I even took the climbing rocks and road-less-traveled with my brother.  Who, incidentally, always comes out of these things with gashes and bruises.  On the hike back, my 9 year-old niece followed along, exclaiming, "This is like an adventure!"  She is so much fun.  I did not, however, jump into the freezing cold pool at the end of the waterfall (but my son did.)  I have to draw the line somewhere.
Friday night we had a "Family Dance."  With party essentials.  I love to dance, though I don't do it well.
Last but not least, we got a little 4-wheeling action in (and a little bit of dune buggy action too.)  My nephew fist-pumping his awesome ride!  Oh, and don't worry, we didn't take our un-seat-belted children off road.  We have to draw the line somewhere.

The beautiful sunsets.  I was too tired to wake up early for the sunrises.  Line drawn.
I didn't shower for nearly three days. And it was one of the best vacations of my life (though not because of the whole un-showered thing.)

Anyway else like to camp?

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At August 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM , Anonymous Emily @ Our Waldo Bungie said...

Wait, not showering for three days is just CAMPING behavior? I call that "the weekend."

 
At August 17, 2012 at 1:52 PM , Anonymous Andrea M said...

I have to admit I am not a very good camper. I must have running water and electricity. My times at my husbands deer lease are about as outdoorsy as I can get. All of the activities you did looked like a lot of fun though!

 
At August 17, 2012 at 2:20 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

I don't mind camping at all--I love the pics of the bandanna in your hair and you driving the ATV!

 
At August 17, 2012 at 4:59 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Oh man. Did I spell bandana wrong!? Just kidding. I know you do lake time with your daughters, do you do camping?

 
At August 17, 2012 at 4:59 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I know, the thought of it is never pleasant, but once I get out there......it's okay.

 
At August 17, 2012 at 5:00 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Bahahahaha! I like your sense of humor Emily ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home