Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: "Eye Got You Covered": The Man, The Vision, The Gift

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

"Eye Got You Covered": The Man, The Vision, The Gift



Meet my little brother Morgan:




He's in the prime of his life; he's lived his life as a good, upstanding young man.  Always a gentleman, the modicum of politeness and selflessness.  Volunteering first, leaving last, always with a smile on his face and a good sense of humor.  A young man who's always served as a positive role model for everyone he meets, the unrealized mentor.  I've loved him since he was born, held him up to impossible standards since he started talking, and support his most recent decision to serve a mission - devoting the next two years of his life to serving God and his fellow man.

As the older and inexplicably wiser sister, I am constantly looking for ways to look out for him.  No longer a student protected by statutes, he is no longer covered as a dependent under his parents; yet he isn't an independent either - with no sustainable job, and no sustainable benefits, about to depart for Ghana, a country far different from America.  When presented with an opportunity to gift a one-year vision insurance  plan from VSP, several people came to mind (my father who suffers from glaucoma as well as bad eye-sight, any number of my siblings who have all been cursed with poor eyesight.......) In the end, I wanted to give this to my brother, but I also didn't want it to be some lame handing over of a piece of paper, or a quick explanatory phone call.  In an effort to capture the essence of my brother, I asked him if he would mind me photographing one of his Schleuderball games.  What young man could refuse his sister, and pass up an opportunity to ham it up on camera?


I didn't let him know why I was doing it, or what I was going to do with the footage, and he didn't seem to particularly care.

Every Sunday, my brother comes over for Sunday dinner; I asked him to stay afterwards so I could give him a special gift.  I handed him two pieces of paper and we sat down (in the kitchen, because that's where everything good happens in a home, right?!)  Watch this quick, yet very entertaining short film to find out what happens (and adjust your volume accordingly, please.)



Gosh I love that kid, and there isn't anything I wouldn't do for him.

What was on those pieces of paper I gave him?

A handwritten note (yes, I asked him if he could even read it!) with words that express that I have no words.....
A screenshot summary of the Insurance Plan I gifted to him (that fist pump action?  when he read the "Contacts" portion, and exclaimed, "I can play sports wearing contacts?!"  He has only had insurance that covers eyeglasses.

Wondering what VSP can do for you? “Eye” got you covered. VSP Direct costs as low as 41 cents a day and is a great way for individuals and families to have vision insurance, even if it's not provided through work. Learn more about VSP here.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home