Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Sweet Made Sweeter: Baseball Edition

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sweet Made Sweeter: Baseball Edition

It was a Saturday, and we got to sleep in (those 8am basketball games were killing us!)  Basketball season had ended and baseball season was in full swing (see what I did there?)  In one of those rare aligning-of-the-planets, my sons didn't have conflicting schedules.  We spent the day lazily watching one baseball game after another; even my sons were getting along, bonding with male athleticism (eye roll - where's a girl when I need one?!)  Was it a perfect day?  No.  It's May and the wind chill (it's always one-hundred times worse at the ballpark) made the temperature feel right about 33 degrees Fahrenheit.  I was wearing a jacket for goodness sakes (this one, if you're wondering,) and many parents were wrapped in blankets! It was my son's birthday, and I hadn't planned anything but their regularly scheduled ball games; his team had lost the game.  Our faces were showing the effects of the wind, and our noses were starting to turn pink (it's like I can't remember sunscreen until after the first big burn of the season.....)


It wasn't perfect (it rarely is,) but this is our life, and we love it just the way it is.  Would it have been nice if we hadn't needed our jackets?  Sure.  Would it have been sweet if we had won all our games?  As sugar.  But in the end, I wouldn't change these moments (sitting on a cold curb, laughing) for anything in the world:




2 Comments:

At May 23, 2013 at 9:25 AM , Anonymous ChasingDavies said...

Awww, adorable!

 
At May 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM , Anonymous sandyalamode said...

great pics!! those cones really make everything better!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home