Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Pretty Mondays: The New Denim + Tennis Shoes

Monday, November 4, 2013

Pretty Mondays: The New Denim + Tennis Shoes

I was finishing up a cycle class last week, when my cycle instructor told me she loves my Facebook posts about fashion.  She then said she needed ideas on what to wear after the gym - where she primarily picks up her son from school and then does the "mom" thing (the "mom" thing is not a bad thing, nor is it an insult - but if you happen to be a mom, you know this does not usually entail pencil skirts and high heels.......)  She mentioned wanting stylish shoes to wear with her jeans (because it's just too cold for flip-flops now.)  Normally I would recommend an amazing pair of flats (like leopard print) with jeans, but I'd like to offer up an alternative to jeans entirely (but don't forget - leggings are not to be worn as pants!)  I told her about my as-of-that-morning unpublished post featuring this outfit (that I want to wear everyday, to be perfectly frank with you.)


Jacket: Kohls (old) see similar here
T-shirt: H&M
Earrings: H&M (old)
Necklaces: J.Crew Tassel, Forever21
Bracelets: J.Crew (old)
Shoes: Puma (via Nordstrom Rack)


I may or may not have told her that these leggings are basically the less shiny version of our work-out pants (#oops) but it's true.  I actually wore this outfit to the last night of shows during KCFW, but wore tennis shoes to meet some friends for dinner beforehand; I had a pair of wedge booties in the car, but Meg (also the lovely photographer) convinced me to wear the sneakers (does the term 'sneakers' sound more cool than tennis shoes?!)  I've come to realize that all tennis shoes (of varying styles) are not created equal.  For anyone who has bought running shoes, you know that they range from cool and sleek to ultra-comfortable clodhoppers.  Some make our feet look normal (streamlined and accentuate our ankles) while others make us look like we are wearing geriatric shoes (though there's nothing wrong with that either - comfort!!)  I recently had to buy a new pair of running shoes, and I kid you not, I ordered twenty different pairs (polka dots!) looking for a pair that was both functional and flattering.


I personally love Puma brand tennis shoes - they seem to work best with my foot type.  I look for shoes that are cut farther away from the top of my foot and ankle - they seem to help with my "cankle-like" appearance, lol!

What brand of shoes do you prefer?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home