Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: The perfect pearl

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The perfect pearl

In 2007, my husband and I received a Christmas card featuring a family picture. The lovely wife in the photograph was wearing the most fabulous pearl ring, evah!  I wanted one.  This is what I got. 



I thought I was perfectly happy with it until I came across this Simply Vera Vera Wang at kohls.com.



While the Vera Wang ring is close to perfect, I realized upon comparison that I prefer the look of my original ring - it almost feels more vintage than the new one.  The only thing I would say I dislike about my original ring?  It seems like the pearl should be set deeper into the setting.  Does that even make sense?

Would you prefer something classic and modern, or something with a vintage feel?

3 Comments:

At April 14, 2011 at 9:41 PM , Blogger Tamera Westhoff said...

I like the vintage look more, but I would want my pearl better inset too!

 
At April 24, 2011 at 10:43 PM , Blogger Ruth J. said...

I think I like the vintage better too!

 
At May 11, 2011 at 2:44 PM , Anonymous Tamera Westhoff said...

I like the vintage look more, but I would want my pearl better inset too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home