Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: That Old Hollywood Glamour

Thursday, September 29, 2011

That Old Hollywood Glamour

This is my first review of the Jennifer Lopez collection for Kohls.  I think it really helped that I had just come off the disappointment of Missoni for Target.  Next to that, Jennifer Lopez's new collection is like a gold mine!  Okay, not really, but at least it doesn't look and feel like it's cheap.  It's also just about the same price point (keeping in mind that you almost never have to pay the price listed on the tag.)  Kohls describes the collection as:

The Jennifer Lopez collection channels the timeless allure of old Hollywood in a contemporary interpretation of classic, sexy glamour.

This is just one of the outfits I tried on and loved (though I will need to take the pants to the tailor.)


This outfit is actually on the forefront mannequin in the store.  I hate feeling like I am copying something so completely, so I thought I would tuck the shirt in and add a ribbon.  Of course, a few days later, I saw a promotional picture of Jennifer Lopez in this outfit, with the shirt tucked in!  So much for making it my own, lol! 

I wanted to show you this shirt in close detail.  In the first photo, the sequins are great, almost like liquid iridescence right?  That isn't what they look like up close:


I love this vintage necklace!  It's from my Father's Mother and if I had a daughter I would've passed it on to her (I can only hope my daughters-in-law are worthy of this piece.)


And that was the outfit, untucked.  I love the pants (except for the fact that they are so high-waisted, they totally give me mom-jeans-butt.)  Even my husband was freaking out about the butt issue.  I love the shirt (except that my hair keeps getting caught in the sequins, and just about everything and their dog keeps getting snagged in the mesh fabric.)   But I still love it.  Stay tuned for more reviews (there are some great dresses!!)

Necklace: gift c/o Grandma Z
Top: Jennifer Lopez (via Kohls)
Pants: Jennifer Lopez (via Kohls)
Shoes: Prada

What do you think?  Do you think this outfit is classic Hollywood Glam?

14 Comments:

At September 29, 2011 at 11:46 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

Yes, it's glamourous! I'm admiring the pants...mom butt and all.

 
At September 30, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Rebekah said...

I went into Kohl's yesterday to check out her stuff. I reaaallly wanted to try on the black Audrey Hepburn-esque dress, but they didn't have it. Boo.

 
At September 30, 2011 at 8:26 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks, Terri, lol!

 
At September 30, 2011 at 8:27 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

I have that dress - I know exactly which one you are talking about! I love it, and it should be available online (wow, Kohls should really be compensating me for this free press.....I think I will send them an email, lol!)

 
At September 30, 2011 at 2:10 PM , Anonymous Kimberlee VDW said...

Oohh I love it! Great minds think alike ;) I'll probably have to copy you as well hehe

 
At September 30, 2011 at 2:39 PM , Anonymous Shelly Saber said...

Oh my goodness...I love this. It might just make me step foot in Kohl's. They make me mad with their fake sales since nothing is ever full price, I feel like they are trying to trick me... Paranoid?? Maybe.
Thank you so much for stopping by and linking up! xoShelly

 
At September 30, 2011 at 6:25 PM , Anonymous RelatableStyle said...

LOVE IT! Who can resist sequins, really?

Relatable Style

 
At October 1, 2011 at 10:13 AM , Anonymous Everydaymomstyle said...

What a pretty top- perfect for holiday parties!

 
At October 3, 2011 at 5:18 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Haha! I don't know about tricking you, but of course they are always trying to make the greatest profit, right? Just like any business, I suppose. Plus, I almost never go without an extra 15, 20, or 30% off coupon - it makes it *feel* like I'm getting the best deal ;)

 
At October 3, 2011 at 5:18 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I don't know many women (and a few men) who can't resist them!

 
At October 3, 2011 at 5:18 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

It is perfect for the holidays, isn't it?

 
At November 2, 2011 at 4:46 PM , Anonymous iVeronique said...

ooooohhhhh I luv it!

 
At June 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

always i used tο rеаd smaller articles or revіews that
as wеll clear theiг motіνe, and that іs also
happening ωith this ρаragraph ωhich
I am гeading аt this place.

mу ѕite reputation management

 
At June 4, 2013 at 9:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ηі, i rеаd youг blog oсcasionally аnd i own a
similar onе and i wаs just сurіоuѕ if уou get a
lοt of ѕpаm respοnѕeѕ? Ӏf so hoω do
you reducе іt, any ρlugin oг
аnythіng you сan suggest? I get ѕο much lately it's driving me insane so any support is very much appreciated.

Also visit my web blog :: Lloyd Irvin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home