Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: This Time Last Year

Monday, January 30, 2012

This Time Last Year

Almost a year has passed since I posted about the baseball game that didn't happen, and the cancer that did.

This dress was what I featured in the post. 
With about a forty-five degree difference in temperature.

Why yes, I do always swing my arms wildly as I walk.


I even do a little skip-jump sometimes. 

Coat: Forever21
Jacket: Forever21
Dress: Jcrew
Boots: Charlotte Russe

In honor of my momB and her struggle with lung cancer, I will now try to come up with a witty "Silver Lining in my Cloud" for the next few weeks.

Day 1:  I handle stress by organizing everything. 


p.s. Wow.  Who was that girl in the post nearly a year ago??  I'd like to think I've learned a lot, but I know I've still got more to learn!

7 Comments:

At January 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

My father passed from lung cancer in 2004 so I know how difficult it can be. From my perspective, you have loosened up and I think I have a much better sense of your personality today then I did then. How is momB?

 
At January 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks for that Terri. I really appreciate you! MomB is pretty much on bedrest. The cancer has spread and the chemo/radiation can no longer keep up with it. The good news is that it hasn't reached her brain yet. Two weeks ago the doctors said she had about a month left. She's a fighter and she might be able to stretch it a bit longer than that (or so we are all hoping!)

 
At February 1, 2012 at 7:07 AM , Anonymous whitley said...

Those pictures are adorable.... thanks for sharing your personal story with us and the inspiration.

Warmest Regards, Whitley Adkins Hamlin
the Queen City Style

 
At February 1, 2012 at 9:24 PM , Anonymous Mike said...

You are looking so cute in these pics.Interesting piece. It can be difficult to find good blogs nowadays. Found one here though by the looks of things.”

 
At February 1, 2012 at 9:25 PM , Anonymous Mike said...

You are looking so cute in these pics.Interesting piece. It can be difficult to find good blogs nowadays. Found one here though by the looks of things.

 
At February 10, 2012 at 5:30 PM , Anonymous MLSJZYR said...

Love the outfit! Especially the boots! I totally know what you mean! I handle stress by organising everything too until it gets a little bit too organised! Haha

http://styledwithleather.blogspot.com

 
At May 8, 2012 at 3:49 AM , Anonymous Nurses Uniforms said...

Nice tutor.Your way of presentation is really too good.I am totally impressed by your post.I am looking for your more updates.Keep them coming.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home