Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Instagram for Android: InstaDroid

Friday, April 6, 2012

Instagram for Android: InstaDroid

That's right.  Instagram is now available for Android (I know, old news already, and it's not quite as cool as the Apple version.)  I've seen lots of helpful posts from Apple Instagrammers, kindly giving us Drioders pointers and tips on how to take, edit, enhance and generally make beautiful our Android photos.  I appreciate that they are trying to help; it's like new mothers who just have to impart their new found wisdom to you......

So, I thought I would condescendingly kindly offer up some of the free apps I use on Android (don't confuse my love for photography - and Instagram - for any expertise in the matter.)  I'm also going to sneak tie in Fat Mum Slim's #photoaday initiative.

Let's start with some highlights from the #MarchPhotoADay:

This photo encompasses a lot: #smiles, #something we wore, #someone we talked to, #green, #delicious, #an animal (he's grabbing my butt.....eye roll,) this man has the #key to my heart (it's okay, even I rolled my eyes as I typed that,) his #name.

13.  Yes please.  My most favorite #sign in the entire world.  

15. Sometimes I hide in the #car so I don't have to share my cookies. 

19. This is most likely only #funny to my siblings.  My father.  Texting.  In church.  (GASP)
and my discreet attempt to capture it.

25. What I wish I were eating for #breakfast.

 29. #feet. Me and my three sons.

Now to those Android Apps.  My personal favorite is Vignette (I bought the full version for high resolution photos - you can get around this by importing a photo instead of using the vignette camera.) 



Vignette
Camera Fun
Magic Hour
Camera360
LittlePhoto
FXCamera
PicsArt
PicSay
PhotoGrid
Import photos
X
X

X*
X
X
X
X*
X
Camera function
X
X
X
X
X
X
X


Effects
20+
5+
10+
15+
30+
10+*
15+
5+
5+
Editing
Basics

Basics
Basics*
Basics+

Basics+
Basics

Drawing




X

X
X

Collages






X

15+
Frames
15+
10+
5+
Scenes
10+




Titles/word bubbles/text




Text


X

Platform Sharing
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
ads




x
x
X

X


My top picks are LittlePhoto, PicsArt and Vignette (but the Camera360 has the tiltshift the Android Instagram is missing!)  I will use LittlePhoto for one adjustment, import it into PicsArt and then finish it up in Vignette.  Do you have a favorite app (or more) that you like to use?

You can find me on Instagram @_TripleP, and you can join in on the official #photoadayApril here.

life rearranged

Looking for Instagram Friends to follow?




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At April 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM , Anonymous Mama Said... said...

LOL love the texting in church. That is too funny. BEACH OPEN sign. Best.Sign. EVER! Popping over from InstaFriday.

 
At April 7, 2012 at 2:46 PM , Anonymous Laura said...

I can't believe dad was texting in church!

 
At April 9, 2012 at 4:02 PM , Anonymous Sandy a la Mode said...

love this!! omg i need to get camera360 now!! been looking for tiltshift feature for android!!!

 
At April 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM , Anonymous Katedlee said...

I love all of your pictures! That first one is really sweet :) You can tell you guys are crazy about each other :) The one of your dad in church is hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home