Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Comtemporary, Retro, or Classic?

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Comtemporary, Retro, or Classic?

I don't have to tell you it's summer because, well.....I would be stating the obvious.  However, it is summer, and as much as I love to put together outfits that look better than sweatsuits, that becomes increasingly more difficult.  Mornings are spent in gym clothes at the gym, afternoons are spent in swimwear and cover-ups and the evenings we just try to stay as cool as possible (in as little as possible!)

Though my pre-baby body says yes! to this:
Old Navy swim 2Swimsuit and hat: Old Navy.


My post-baby body says thank you! to this:


Pool Outfit 1


Swimsuit, sunglasses, sandals, and swim trunks: Old Navy
Bag: Forever21
*aren't those little trunks cute.....matching swimsuits make it a lot easier to find them in the endless sea of children (pun completely intended.)

My sons and I are planning a trip in July, to the East Coast for some well-deserved beach time.  The beach is my favorite spot to vacation (but I have to give a shout-out to the Mountains, which come in at a very very close second.)  There is something about the air (literally, the air you breathe,) the atmosphere, and the sound of waves crashing to the shore.  It's as if it changes us.  Whining all the way to beach, my children are suddenly subdued, happy to calmly play in the surf or build sand castles.  It's the one time they are near water that I can just sit there and watch them play, getting in my own much-needed relaxation time.  As excited as I am for them to be self-entertained, I'm also excited about the kaftans that are trending right now (wait.....when are kaftans not trending??)  Kaftans - like an ethnic bathrobe, really!


Kaftan: DVF

Buy inexpensive swimsuit and splurge on the cover-up?  I think so.

Ah, to sit by the beach in a comfortable kaftan while the boys play in the ocean surf.....

Thank you again to Old Navy for sponsoring my post. I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all my own.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At June 22, 2012 at 8:33 AM , Anonymous dotinthecity said...

Love those red and white suits! I'm loving the retro looks this season :)

 
At June 22, 2012 at 9:48 AM , Anonymous Danial Ray said...

nice stuff like it thanks for sharing it keep it up

 
At June 22, 2012 at 2:27 PM , Anonymous Mar said...

Old Navy has been a savior for my post baby body! Nw follower, hope you'll take a Second to check out my blog and follow if you like it :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home