Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Get Your Neon On - EBEW Edition

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Get Your Neon On - EBEW Edition

Let me be blunt.  I didn't vote for neon.  I personally think neon is over (then again, I thought it was over when I was nine years old.......or it might be that I get a bit defensive because trends take awhile to trickle down to to us country folk - use your best country accent and then roll your eyes for me, thanks.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a snob.  There are just some trends that I can't wait to get rid of and neon is one of them.  Nothing screams 80's quite like neon.  With so many trends and choices out there, I feel okay with letting go of this one.  

That being said, this shirt gets as close to neon as I am willing (with direct sunlight):



Details in the shade (yes, my photography skills + lighting are a work in progress.....):


Top: Polo Ralph Lauren
Necklace: H&M
Bracelets: Derng, Banana Republic Factory
Skirt: JCrew Factory 
Shoes: Converse

Just to prove that I'm not too cool to have skipped this trend, let's recap:



Linking up with this fab group today:

Image 4970

6 Comments:

At June 12, 2012 at 10:44 AM , Anonymous Shea Sayers said...

Haha, although I'm feeling exactly the opposite right now about neon (for some reason I can't get enough!) I do know how you feel. Sometimes, I just wait and hope for a trend to go away. (For me, it's sheer maxi skirts with a short skirt underneath--I just can't get into that one.)

 
At June 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM , Anonymous Terri Lowry said...

I love your polka dot skirt with the converse! And, I know you can do neon...but you're not exactly country folk though we do have a bit of an accent.

 
At June 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM , Anonymous Kemelliott said...

i can do neon is small, non neon doses :) bright pops of color is about where I can go. I love the look of a bright color and have seen "neon" done really well, but neon just isn't part of my esthetic. And you know what trend I want to go away...denim panties anyone?!?! lol

 
At June 13, 2012 at 1:08 PM , Anonymous Lilly said...

You definitely didn't make neon look 80's :) Love the polka dot skirt!

 
At June 13, 2012 at 7:09 PM , Anonymous Mrsdianamathias said...

Cute outfit!

Diana
www.picturesand1000words.blogspot.com

 
At June 18, 2012 at 4:00 AM , Anonymous tia_cherie said...

Love all of the outfits. YOu look so good in pink

tia-cherie.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home