Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: KC Social: Saks Off 5th Event

Friday, June 29, 2012

KC Social: Saks Off 5th Event

Saks Off 5th can be a great store, and can sometimes be hit or miss.  Sometimes I can't get enough of the shoe selection, the spring and summer dresses can be phenomenal (but my size is almost always sold out!) and the denim never fails me, ever.  Right now they have racks of denim on clearance, with an additional 50% off !  I just bought a pair of wide-leg Joe's jeans for $45 - a well-fitting pair in a classic shape.  


That being said, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th graciously hosted a night of food, music and shopping for the local Kansas City bloggers.  

A special apology to the ladies on the end who were cut off.  Lesson learned: Always bring a user-friendly lens to an event where someone else might be taking the picture.


I also realized that the single most difficult thing to do at an event like this is to eat, talk, meet new people, instagram and shop all at the same time.  But I did manage to find an amazing dress that I am impatiently waiting to have sent over from another store, a white Calvin Klein dress on clearance and a multi-strand pearl necklace (shocking, I know - I may or may not have an addiction.)  I even managed to snap a few bloggers' outfits:


Meet Louise LeMans, pinup extraordinaire.  I first met her at the KCFW Spring Shows.


Terri, of Rags Against the Machine.  The professor in college we all loved, counted as a friend and maybe even considered a mentor.  I was so excited to finally meet her in person!


She had this necklace that perfectly complimented her dress (and her style) and now I am officially on the hunt for one just like it....


A few of the bloggers I've gotten to know well over the past few months, thanks to the KC Blogger group.


Shea of Bon Chic Bon Gastronimique, Kristine of Simply Bold Blog, Me, Sandy of Sandy A la Mode, Lisa of Peridot Skys and Ngan of eNVe Designs.

Had such a fun time with these girls!  If you are a KC Blogger, we would love to meet you! (I promise we don't bite, lol!)
  

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At June 29, 2012 at 9:45 AM , Anonymous Lisa said...

What a fabulous post! And up so quickly after the event!! Your so much fun to hang with!
xo

 
At June 29, 2012 at 12:30 PM , Anonymous Shea Sayers said...

I had so much fun last night! It was great to see you again too! I can't wait to see you style up that pretty polka dotted skirt you bought :)

 
At June 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

Ah, this is sweet! I wish I'd managed to meet everyone!!

 
At June 29, 2012 at 8:13 PM , Anonymous Katty Delux said...

I loved Terri's necklace too! so gorgeous and such a great piece! You looked darling as always!

 
At June 29, 2012 at 11:11 PM , Anonymous Ali @ Gimme Some Oven said...

So sad to have missed the event on Thursday! This looks like so much fun. And I adore your site!! :)

 
At July 1, 2012 at 7:32 AM , Anonymous sandy a la mode said...

great recap!! and terri's bubble necklace is fab!! can't wait to see you all again!

 
At July 1, 2012 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous Pam@Over50feeling40 said...

Hi ladies, I am a friend of Terri's and just came over from her blog! I am also a new follower and hope you can stop by and visit me as well!! This looked like so much fun...I have gone to two events with our San Antonio Bloggers meetup group...thank you to all of the younger bloggers for embracing us seasoned ladies!!

 
At July 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM , Anonymous Lisa Walter said...

Found you through Terri's blog.....looking forward to perusing yours!

http://www.waltzerl@blogspot.com

 
At July 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

Great recap Erin!! Cannot believe how quick you got this up! Pretty sure I need that bubble necklace now...so thanks for that :) Hope I get to see you at the next meetup!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home