Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Social KC: KCFW Kick-Off Party

Friday, August 24, 2012

Social KC: KCFW Kick-Off Party

This past Thursday, Kansas City Fashion Week had their kick-off party at Saks Off Fifth Avenue.  Several of my fellow bloggers and I were asked to style models in Saks Off Fifth Avenue fall fashions.  And so, for the first time since I've started my blog, I finally get to have a professional model "my" outfit, by a professional photographer!



 Love these shoes (one pair left, size 8.5.....additional 50% off makes them $60!)

Meet Lauren Burke, a 23 year old ASL expert by day, model by night.  She has beauty and brains.  She was great to work with, exerting her opinion while still letting me have free reign (hallelujah!)  I was going for the menswear look, and couldn't resist adding this Micheal Kors fur number, which we aptly dubbed "the Pimp vest."  Seriously, I bet Cee Lo Green has one of these in his closet, lol!  We couldn't find any boyfriend  jeans in the women's department, so we looked in the next best place - the men's department.  We thought we knew how to tie a tie.......and were fortunate enough to find someone to help us (the caterer no less!)

Makeup provided by Mieisha Chaney (she is so friendly - and has a great sense of humor!)
Hair provided by Katherine Summers (she is so patient and sweet!)
Clothing provided by Saks Fifth Avenue Off Fifth, Legends Outlets Kansas City
Photography by Kris Hanke (you can't help but love him!)
Food provided by Clear The Plate (so good - and our emergency tie expert!)
Drinks provided by Kansas Clean Distilled Whiskey
Music courtesy of DJ Leonightus (same great entertainer from this post)

The styled models, styled (from left to right) by Kim, Jess of Mimi and Chichi, me, Meggy and Kristina (see more links below.)
Cocktails provided by KCFW Sponsor Kansas Clean Distilled Whiskey, winners of the KCFW tickets (you can get yours here) and gift cards, and the delicious appetizers.

Model Lauren Burke in a Diane Von Furstenberg vest, bloggers Meggy of Chasing Davies, me, Kristina of Simply Bold and Kim of KimberyLoc.  These girls are fun to work with!

Kansas City Fashion Week will start on Wednesday, September 5 and will run through Sunday, September 9.  Visit kcfashionweek.com for a detailed calendar of events, sponsors, tickets, news and more!

p.s. Have you entered the JUNIEblake giveaway yet?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At August 25, 2012 at 10:20 AM , Anonymous Shelley Zurek said...

This is so exciting for you! I love the outfit you styled (especially the vest)! Can't wait to see what else you are up to!

 
At August 26, 2012 at 8:31 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

Erin--How cool is this? Sorry I wasn't there. Did want to let you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster award at Rags today.

 
At August 27, 2012 at 9:39 AM , Anonymous Shea Sayers said...

Aw, I wish I could have been there, it looks like you had fun. And your outfit is awesome--especially with the pimp vest. Love it!!

 
At August 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM , Anonymous Ellen of White Table Style said...

Love it! Great job.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home