Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Haberdashery

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Haberdashery

Try to say that three times in a row, lol!  I bought this shirt a few years ago when JCrew was producing a bunch of "work" type womenswear, and they called the fabric Haberdashery (do you know why?) 







{shirt JCrew skirt Target shoes Daisy Fuentes necklace + bracelet Chaps watch Nordstrom}


I love the fabric - it's structured so it has that starched look, minus the starch feel.  You may recognize the shoes from my Bloggers Do It Better post.  This outfit makes me feel so "business-like!"

A funny story about this watch.  I was at Nordstrom perusing their fine watches (my friend Anna actually has this watch - the original, name brand beautiful watch.)  I just couldn't bring myself to buy one because I almost never. wear. watches.  Fast Forward twenty minutes later and you'll find me in the Juniors' Dept at the same store.  Right there, in a perfectly straight row, were 8 of the watches I currently have on my wrist.  Priced at $10.  I was confused (but not so confused that I couldn't buy one) that Nordstrom would offer a knockoff of their merchandise.  Who does that?  Not that I'm complaining.

2 Comments:

At May 11, 2011 at 11:50 AM , Blogger The Next Dave Barry said...

Random trivia: In London, the haberdasher's guild is referred to as the Worshipful Company of Haberdashers though their official name is The Master and Four Wardens of the Fraternity of the Art or Mystery of Haberdashers in the City of London.

 
At May 11, 2011 at 10:15 PM , Anonymous Bemmily said...

Very classy! Love the watch with the pearls!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home