Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Vera Wang, I Salute you!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Vera Wang, I Salute you!

I don't know if you've noticed, but in the past few years, Kohls has really seemed to up its own ante.  Adding renowned designers like Vera Wang (I will admit, I was skeptical - it seems that when a designer attaches their name to mass merchandisers, they don't amount to much and it seems to hurt their reputation - Isaac Mizrahi, anyone?)  I should have had more faith in Vera Wang.  She obviously wouldn't let her name be put on something so horrible.  While the items are sometimes hit and miss, there also appear to be some real finds amongst the line of shoes, jewelry, handbags and clothing.  I've seen a few covetable items sold out and listed on ebay for at least full price, if not more.  I thought I would check out some of this spring/summer shoes:








May I just say that of these two, my favorite (surprisingly) were the black pair?  I loved the edgy feel, but felt like they were still feminine and not too scary - you know what I'm talking about.  I've seen woman wear steel-toed boots that, if I were a man, I'd be afraid of, lol!  These sandals though, I feel are the perfect balance of girly toughness :)

p.s. in a very embarrassing bout of self-humility, did you see my toes?  Do they always look like that?  Good Lord, I'm surprised they didn't break the camera with their craziness!  Makes it look like I have to keep those little aliens strapped in to keep 'em under control!  Bahahahaha!

7 Comments:

At May 4, 2011 at 11:02 AM , Blogger C said...

Lol @ your toes! I didn't even notice until you pointed them out! Both of these shoes really are beauties and I can see them going with lots of outfits.

 
At May 4, 2011 at 11:10 AM , Blogger The Next Dave Barry said...

I think the first pair is very feminine and slims the ankle nicely!!!

 
At May 4, 2011 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Laynalou3 said...

Cute, cute!

 
At May 4, 2011 at 7:56 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

You are so cute! You have great style!
I am your newest follower, saw your adorable umbrella pic.
Jennifer for Stacy (on vacation)
http://made4sunnydays.blogspot.com/

 
At May 7, 2011 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Amy said...

LOVE the shoes!!!! I just started following you!

Love ,


http://interestinglifeofamy.blogspot.com/

 
At May 7, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Sara said...

I am an avid Kohl's shopper, primarily for Vera's line. It surprises me that more bloggers don't shop their more often. You can get great, on trend stuff for cheap. I just got Vera's nude platform pumps and I love them!

 
At May 11, 2011 at 2:44 PM , Anonymous Stacy said...

You are so cute! You have great style!
I am your newest follower, saw your adorable umbrella pic.
Jennifer for Stacy (on vacation)
http://made4sunnydays.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home