Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Impromptu Date Nights

Monday, May 2, 2011

Impromptu Date Nights

The Mr. and I had been busy all day, doing what, I can't remember.  By dinner time, I just wanted to get out and do some shopping.  The Mr. had mentioned that he wanted a few new pairs of pants, maybe a few shirts that he could wear to work (I love him, but he's a total computer nerd = his uniform consists of khakis, polos and the occasional button down.)  I rang my little sis and asked if she would "pretty, pretty please" care for the boys while we went out; she said yes.  I could have jumped for joy, but opted for hastily putting a cute outfit together and walking out the door......




{jeans 7 for all Mankind top vintage necklace BR shoes Nordstrom}

I have to tell you that I left wearing no jewelry.  My ritual with Banana Republic is to seek out their container filled with jewlery sale items, and rifle through until I usually hit the jackpot; which I did, this necklace - for $6.99!  I'm not sure I could've found a better necklace for this outfit :) 

We had to stop at the Gap because it was next door, which happened to be a huge disappointment!  My butt can only handle so much, and I have to tell you that high-waisted anything makes it appear to be about two miles long and it is terribly unflattering (lest you think I am just being critical, Catherine realized this problem when she had me try on a pair of her jeans - that were totally cute and flattering on her rear - but made us laugh at mine!)  The Mr. would've laughed if he hadn't thought it was such a turn-off, lol (he fancies himself a derriere man!)

However, one great positive at that store: one of the sales associates said he was dying over my shoes (though he was slightly disappointed they weren't actual boots!)  I'll take a compliment anyday!


3 Comments:

At May 2, 2011 at 8:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol about the high waited observation - I agree some styles can be really unflattering! I like the look of your shoes as well, can we get a close up next time?

www.styleonthecouch.wordpress.com
www.twitter.com/styleonthecouch

 
At May 3, 2011 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Heather Fonseca said...

Now I'm intrigued! I'm going to have to head to the Gap and find those pants you're talking about. If they didn't look good on you they're really going to look hilarious on me.

Love,
Heather
http://thestyleconfessions.com/

 
At May 11, 2011 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

lol about the high waited observation - I agree some styles can be really unflattering! I like the look of your shoes as well, can we get a close up next time?

www.styleonthecouch.wordpress.com
www.twitter.com/styleonthecouch

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home