Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Winter Blues

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Winter Blues

With polka dots.




Necklace: Target
Jacket: JCrew
Top: JCrew
Bracelet: Target
Jeans: JCrew
Shoes: Enzo Angiolini

My mother-in-law (I call her MomB) passed away last Friday.  She has battled lung cancer since first being diagnosed in March of 2011.  We love her and miss her terribly.


I've been trying to think of something positive (mostly it's just severely ironic) each day. 

Silver Linings, Days 2-8:
Day 2 was <crickets> (I couldn't think of a single thing.) 
Day 3:  I clean, methodically, when I'm stressed. 
Day 4: I've vacuumed my couch three times in the last two days (see day 3.)
Day 5: I drive right by a World Market at least 3 times a week now. 
Day 6:  The Mr and I hold each other a little bit more tightly.
Day 7:  All the ironing from 2011 is finally complete (see day 3.)
Day 8: Family Reunions.

Silver Lining in this Cloud, Day 9: She is no longer in pain.

8 Comments:

At February 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Bri said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, but silver lining day 9 is most certainly correct.

You look lovely in your polka dots though.

 
At February 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM , Anonymous Nicole Potter said...

I am so sorry for your loss. The loss will always be painful but the ache will go away. Just think that you have someone else watching over you now.

 
At February 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM , Anonymous DestrehansDaughter/Sarah said...

While I just started reading your blog, I hope you take to heart that I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.

 
At February 7, 2012 at 1:33 PM , Anonymous Laura Hojnacke said...

Every time I think about his mom I cry. I know I didn't really know her, but I feel for you guys and the whole family. I love the silver linings. Especially Day 6.

 
At February 7, 2012 at 8:45 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

Wish I could give you a hug. I have noticed that I go into the same house-cleaning mode during times of grief. I think it gives us a sense of control when life is seeming very OUT of control, plus, we're ready for inevitable guests. The blouse and the jacket look lovely together.

 
At February 10, 2012 at 9:10 PM , Anonymous Brandi said...

Thats so hard...but its good that you're finding the positive. thats inspirational!

run-style-run.blogspot.com

 
At February 13, 2012 at 12:32 PM , Anonymous Jemappelleshen said...

Nice blazer! Especially like the white piping detail.

jemappelleshen.wordpress.com

 
At February 18, 2012 at 7:13 PM , Anonymous April said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prays are with you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home