Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Pastel + Peplum

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pastel + Peplum

Why is it that when you try on an article of clothing/accessory/shoe in a store, you fall in love with it and think it looks great?  Then you get home, put it on and notice all of its' flaws and unflattering ways?

Is the high of a new purchase (or the excitement of a possible new purchase) akin to the beer goggle effect when drinking alcohol??


(you know it's bad when this was the best picture.....)

Jacket, Kohls. Denim, Kohls.  Shoes, Old Navy.   

I am not even kidding when I say that I nearly giggled when I tried this jacket on in the store.  I thought it was perfect.  I loved it.  I loved peplum.  I loved......the magical endorphins that must have been coursing through my veins as I looked into that store mirror. 

Mirrors lie.  Apparently my own eyes prefer to decieve me.  But photographs; not only can they speak a thousand words, they never lie (unless, you know, altered by Photoshop.)

The Instagram (@_TripleP) version of this outfit:
(not any better, huh.)

And before I forget, this post is brought to you in part by:

Image 4554

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At April 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM , Anonymous April said...

Wow! That jacket is from Kohl's?? It's adorable...perfect with those green jeans!

 
At April 10, 2012 at 11:26 AM , Anonymous Harley and Jane said...

i love the pants. and i like the jacket. it is a fun cut.

 
At April 10, 2012 at 8:11 PM , Anonymous EnterKelly said...

Love the colour of those pants. And I would love to see the front of the jacket - I'm sure it's not nearly as bad as you think it is :)

 
At April 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

I think that this is what makes me wary of retail shopping. Sometimes it is the way they are lit and merchandised in the store that leads us astray.

 
At April 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM , Anonymous meagan said...

I can't imagine that jacket is as bad as you think. From what I can see, it looks cute and I'm loving the pants. They're fantastic!
-Meagan
www.brassinpocketblog.com

 
At April 12, 2012 at 3:12 AM , Anonymous simplychic08 said...

how cute are your jeans??? i may need to make a kohls run.

 
At April 21, 2012 at 12:31 AM , Anonymous Vanity of Vanities said...

Love that jeans and shoes! Great combo, though the top is not that good, you still look fab as usual :)

Cheers,
Cathy@Medical Scrubs Uniforms: Chloe Sevigny’s Style

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home