Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Polka Dots + Pregnancy

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Polka Dots + Pregnancy


What do polka dots and pregnancy have to do with each other? Nothing. 



Jacket: Forever21
Necklace: H&M (sort of similar here)
Top: Jcrew (similar here)
Bracelets: Target
Ring: Thrifted (similar, without the clasp, here)
Jeans: Old Navy
Handbag: Thrifted (fun option here, but is it real??)
Shoes: Banana Republic (similar here)



In other news. 

Now that I've had children (and I'm still in my "prime") I'm super-conscious of "looking" pregnant.  When shopping for tops (and dresses) I always have to wonder, "Does this look like a maternity top?"  "Is there even the slightest chance that someone will wonder if I'm pregnant in this?"  I'm not kidding.  Maybe it has to do with that time I was asked if I was pregnant.  And I wasn't.  At all.  In fact, I thought I was looking rather thin that day.  Anyway, the reason why I bring this up?


Either this picture makes me look pregnant or fat.  Yay.  Haha.

p.s. I'm not pregnant.  That bakery's been closed. 


7 Comments:

At April 25, 2012 at 3:02 PM , Anonymous Sarah\Destrehan's Daughter said...

I love the coral and navy together. I also got once asked if I was pregnant when I was not. Another friend at the wedding was visibly (like 8 months) pregnant and yet they still asked me. The day sucked a bit more!

 
At April 25, 2012 at 8:50 PM , Anonymous Ashlee Rigsby said...

This is super funny because my best friend and I often get excited about tops/dresses that can be used when we're pregnant, too! Maybe that will change once we've actually BEEN pregnant? Haha. Love the outfit!!

 
At April 25, 2012 at 9:26 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Haha, I used to get so excited about it when I WAS pregnan, but not in-between and definitely not now that I am done having children! It was a similar ordeal with wanting to wear maternity clothes. When I first got pregnant, I couldn't wait to wear maternity clothes (I was actually excited!) Then I started getting huge and the last two times I waited until the last possible moment to switch to maternity clothes - it wasn't pretty, haha!

 
At April 25, 2012 at 9:28 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I've learned to never ask. Especially when I still looked pregnant those first few months after having had a baby! It's got to be the worst thing in the world for a woman to be asked if she's pregnant/when she's due when she isn't!

 
At April 26, 2012 at 12:02 AM , Anonymous Natasha Janzen said...

haha..I totally know what you mean...for the longest time after my daughter was born I belted everything to show that I had a waist (might be a side effect of not having one while preggo). I think it also has to do with the fact that women are always looking for signs that a friend could be knocked up...seriously people, stop being so nosey!
And no you don't look pregnant at all...I was reading what you were saying, and looking at the pictures thinking "What? Is she preggo? She's kinda talking like it?? But not really looking like it!" haha

Natasha ~ TashaDelrae.com

 
At April 28, 2012 at 10:50 AM , Anonymous Carla5555 said...

Gorgeous look! I carried twins so it was hard to pull off super cute looks but i managed lol.

www.fashionmavenmommy.com

 
At May 1, 2012 at 8:49 PM , Anonymous Jenna Reimers said...

I love your outfit! perf! I am pregnant and I'm not showing yet so its weird because my clothes are tight in some areas and its difficult to buy new clothes because I am hoping to turn to my regular size after birth.. anyways..

Thanks for linking up to my link up party last week. Hope you'll link up again tomorrow! :)

http://itsjustcalledspicy.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home