Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: It's Friday, I'm In Love.

Friday, May 4, 2012

It's Friday, I'm In Love.

It's Friday and I've got a few things on my mind:

1. Yes, The Cure is one of my all-time favorite bands (and my best friend can't believe I still have their music on my iPod.)

2. I'm an old sentimental fool.  Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys has died of cancer.  I love the Beastie Boys.  I'm sad to think that the group won't be the same anymore.  Why did I think they would just be around forever?  There is no other band (even though Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, Bon Jovi and Gene Simmons have certainly tried) that I could envision rocking out on stage at the age of 90, walkers in hand, and still be cool!

3. Did you know that Halls is having their Spring Sale?  It's been extended until Sunday, May 6th AND (a little birdie told me) Nanette Lepore, Tibi, Yoana Baraschi and Milly are 40% off (regular price merchandise only.)  Go, invest in classic and quality at 40% off.  I might even see you there!

4. My son has Strep Throat.  I feel helpless and horrible.  Meds will help my son feel better, but an Oscar de la Renta gown might make me feel better. Or that pair of Louboutins.

5. Mother's day is coming up and I'm dreaming of Tiffany blue (wink, wink.)

6. Wow.  The humidity has arrived, and that means my hair has grown at least three times in volume since March.

6. Here's an outfit to round out my thoughts (and how I wish it were a poufy taffeta Oscar de la Renta gown!)



Shirt: Jcrew
Necklace: H&M
Bracelets: Target
Belt: Target (similar here)
Pants: Forever21 (similar here)
Shoes: Daisy Fuentes
Handbag: Target


Take note of this handbag.  It's not my favorite, but I bought it for a very specific purpose.  Stay tuned for more!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At May 6, 2012 at 3:00 AM , Anonymous Cecilia Harvard said...

Absolutely love this outfit! You look amazing! Would love if you checked out my Thursday link party or thriftfanatics page (;

xx
Cecilia
dearestlou.com

 
At May 7, 2012 at 7:34 AM , Anonymous Allison @ Infinity & Beyond said...

You look fabulous! Love the colors. New follower from Instagram (I'm Allykat13).

xo,
Allison
http://barretts1234.blogspot.com/

 
At May 7, 2012 at 12:09 PM , Anonymous Emily said...

you look so great! Love those two colors together.
Creamy

 
At May 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM , Anonymous Fashion By Alicia said...

Love the color of your pants! My hair is starting to grow in volume too. I feel you!

 
At May 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM , Anonymous April said...

Cute outfit, girl! Love the colors! And I love that you embrace your wild and crazy hair...I love the volume!!!

 
At May 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM , Anonymous Stephanie @ henry happened said...

Love the gingham with the leopard belt! And oh, those pants - what a pretty color!!

 
At May 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM , Anonymous Glamamom said...

I love The Cure too. Those pants are amazing. Love that you're mixing prints.

 
At May 10, 2012 at 10:38 PM , Anonymous Emily @ Our Waldo Bungie said...

1. I totally have that purse and I love it!
2. I think a beautiful gown or a new pair of shoes could cure any case of strep throat if we just believed it could! ;)
3. It was super nice meeting you at the blogger meetup tonight! I just added you to my google reader!

 
At May 16, 2012 at 11:21 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Looking forward to checking out this Thursday's link party!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home