Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Nothing Like Nautical

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Nothing Like Nautical

This month's EBEW theme is Nautical.  The rebel in me had to stand out, so in lieu of all the stripes, red, whites, blues and otherwise-over-the-top-preppy clothing in my closet, I chose this:



Earrings: Forever21
Top: JCrew
Bracelets: Target
Shoes: JCrew (similar here)
Handbag: Target

and stood on the dock of a lake - you know, to make the "nautical" theme seem more relevant.

That's right.  I'm wearing a Hawaiian-print shirt.  Now I need a boat and a fruity drink in the shape of a pineapple (or coconut.)  And a pair of Sperry's.

In other news, if I happened to fall overboard, I should be easy to spot, right?  Haha.

Natilcal: EBEW

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At May 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM , Anonymous Beth Kondrick said...

These pants are amazing! I'm in awe of them! You wear them well!

 
At May 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM , Anonymous Rlutz said...

That top is fabulous...such fun colors and pattern. Love how you styled it with those yellow pants!!

 
At May 8, 2012 at 3:08 PM , Anonymous Katy Rose said...

Love how you took the nautical EBEW theme and gave it your own spin. Nearly all the rest of us are in blue. Love these yellow pants! - Katy

 
At May 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM , Anonymous Pam@Over50feeling40 said...

These pants are so cute...your outfit really stands out because it is NOT red, white, and blue! I love the different take on nautical...really, really great looking!!

 
At May 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM , Anonymous Thatsaprettyhat said...

This outfit is so awesome. I'm glad I found you, I will be following on Bloglovin!

 
At May 8, 2012 at 8:02 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

I like the britches! All you need is a little Jimmy Buffet and a margarita!

 
At May 8, 2012 at 9:08 PM , Anonymous CCs_Cheap_Chic said...

Oooooh! Me too, I wore pink today. I LOVE your yellows pants!!!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 11:52 AM , Anonymous Sharon S said...

I love your non traditional take on the nautical theme! Those yellow pants are so fun and the button detail is so cute.

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

 
At May 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM , Anonymous JB said...

I actually clicked on your entry because of the fact that you stand out amongst the stripes and red white and blue. Love the creativity and that bright yellow! Way to make the rest of us look all non-creative. ;)

 
At May 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM , Anonymous Megan Gann said...

WOW! Those pants are incredible. I think they need like a Best Pants Ever award. The color is perfect, the cut impeccable. So glad to have stumbled upon your blog.

 
At May 19, 2012 at 8:23 PM , Anonymous Laynalou3 said...

Cute, cute, cute!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home