Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Mellow Yellow

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mellow Yellow

Bright lemon-neon-yellow shorts are basically awesome, right?


Shirt: Madewell
Necklace: c/o The Mr
Belt: Forever21 (similar here)
Bracelets: Thrifted, Banana Republic Factory
Shorts: Candies
Shoes: Forever21 (similar here)


In all seriousness though, I read some news the other day that brought back a memory from when I was a young girl.  The memory's stage is set at the park behind our family home, where a small creek runs through and ends at a grove of ancient trees.  Standing near this creek, about to cross, I look up at her and though my memory is not exact, the impression I have is that she is beautiful, kind and totally cool.  Maybe she was walking me home from piano lessons, maybe she was babysitting me, or maybe our paths just happened to cross that day.  I will never forget adoring her in that moment, for whatever she had just said or done.

That teenage girl that I looked up to lost her husband unexpectedly this past weekend.  I don't even think she's 40 yet.  She has several younger children.  My memory of that awesome teenager (whom I would have gladly traded any of my older sisters for) leaves my heart aching for her.

I held The Mr a little bit tighter this weekend.  I will always hope that I still have a good sixty years left with him - the last ten might be a bit full of dentures, walkers and endless disagreements - but I could never imagine losing him.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home