Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Blow-Outs

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Blow-Outs


Is it sad that when I hear the word blow-out I think of babies and diapers, not brushes and blow-dryers? 

I stopped by Kansas City's new (and very first) beauty bar: Parlor.  If you find yourself on the Country Club Plaza, stop by even if it's only to see the perfectly decorated interior. 
 
It's bright, clean and the perfect-shade-of-yellow chevrons (and comfy chairs) are the perfect mix of trendy and classic styles. I was scheduled with Caylee (another recent graduate) and chose the Voluminous from the menu.
See their website for a full listing of services, including special deals on packages.
Parlor stocks Sachajuan and O&M products for use and sale
The finished 'do (I swear I was happy, I don't know why I didn't smile!):
I had a chance to chat with Meg Haas, the owner and entrepreneur behind Kansas City's first beauty bar.  She's a local MBA graduate who thinks Kansas City's women are so fashion forward, despite the usual two-year wait for current trends to arrive, and they (we) deserve this!
The carry Becca and have a make-up artists available for appointments

Stop by 608 ½ W. 48th Street on the Country Club Plaza tonight (September 27th) from 7-9pm for their Grand Opening party!  Maybe I'll see you there?

I'm excited for the endless opportunities a fun beauty bar can offer besides a single blow-out: sisters' night out, girls' night out, wedding parties.....the list goes on.....)  

p.s. don't forget to tip your stylist - word on the inside is 20% or more (you know, if you really love the 'do!)
p.p.s.  the thought and opinions in this post are mine and only mine, though the services were provided to me free-of-charge.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At September 27, 2012 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

We have DryBar here in NYC and its awesome! I love the idea and its so fun to go and get a great style when you need it! I love your hair - it looks gorgeous!!!

 
At September 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM , Anonymous Megan D. said...

I think the party starts at 7pm -
http://parlorkc.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/small-step-for-mankind-huge-step-for-pretty/

 
At September 27, 2012 at 5:20 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks Megan! I changed it (I don’t know what I was thinking – I got the dates right on Twitter and Facebook, lol!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home