Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: KCFW: Boutique Shows September 5, 2012

Thursday, September 6, 2012

KCFW: Boutique Shows September 5, 2012

Kansas City Fashion Week kicked off last night with the Boutique Sponsor Showcase at The Gallery.

First up was Saks Off Fifth Avenue, with looks styled by myself, Meggy of Chasing Davies, Jess of Mimi & Chichi with hair and make-up consultations by Kim of KimberlyLoc.

*center photo courtesy of KCFW and KrisHanke.com

Meet Hilari, a sweet college student who aspires to be a designer herself.  She is super sweet, demure and an absolute delight to work with!



I sent Jasmine down the runway next - this was her first time ever, walking a runway!  She did such a great job, and I could see that her Mom (whom she introduced me to after the show) was proud of her.  She's a bit shy, but endearing at the same time.




I can't get enough of these leather strip leggings!  If you go to Halls' tonight for Fashion Night Out, you may notice I styled a very similar pair of Alice + Olivia leggings (at a slightly higher price point!)  Meggy had pulled the same pair of leggings for one of her looks, and I even bought a pair.  If you are going to do leather this fall (or winter) these are a great and comfortable option!

*photo courtesy of KCFW and KrisHanke.com

Thomas.  I don't even know where to start!  I love Thomas - I'm sorry that we will be losing him to NY City soon.  He is first - patient (I made him find his own suit while I scoured the store for three women's looks!)  and second, kind.  He too is endearing and an absolute doll to work with. He said that the song Teach Me How To Be Loved by Rebecca Ferguson is him to a t. He is humorous and professional at the same time.  I can't wait to see him walk in Saturday's show!




The pop of color out of the group, Laura, was up last.  She is an event coordinator (I swear she looks to young to have already graduated college and become a career professional!) at the Martini Corner - the host of Saturday's KCFW  after-party.  And she sings!!  She was so sweet and patient (she must have been stuck in that fitting room for two hours!)


Loved this bouffant and headband combo:


While the hair and make-up was recommended by Kim, hairstylist Chris Testerman, make-up artist Shannon Sells completed the looks.

Want to see more KCFW?  Visit kcfashionweek.com for more info and tickets (there are only a few left, so hurry!)

*see more photos on Facebook

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At September 6, 2012 at 5:31 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

You've put together some lovely looks--I especially like the second one!

 
At September 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM , Anonymous Lacey Mason said...

I did the hair for the model in the black and white dress and the blue dress. Where can I get these pics to share???

 
At September 10, 2012 at 10:53 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Lacey - email me at prettypolishedperfect(at)gmail(dot)com!

 
At September 10, 2012 at 10:53 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks, Terri! I know I need to get back to you on that award and I have some comment I. Must. Post!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home