Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Rules Of The Game.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rules Of The Game.

Fall is in the air (even though today's high is in the upper 90s - Fahrenheit for any of the metric readers.)  So yes, I am trying to squeeze in the last of my summer colors, including yellow.


Dress: Suzi Chin (via Saks Off Fifth)
Necklace: Forever21 (similar here)
Belt: Forever21
Bracelet: Derng + Banana Republic Factory
Shoes: Daisy Fuentes (via Kohls)

About that rule.  The rule about white?  When I was young girl, there were rules.  And you did not break them.  There were also monstrous shoulder pads and pleated pants a-plenty.  Ah memories.  

Regardless of whether the monarchs of fashion have done away with the rule, it seems that as the seasons start to change (however subtly,) my choices of daily outfits naturally gravitate towards fall colors.  It also helps that magazines, blogs and retail stores are fully advertising the fall collections.  I've already pulled my boyfriend jeans out of their summer resting place.  My cardigans and jackets are front and center in my closet now.  And I can't remember for the life of me where I put those darn white pants!

p.s. Kansas City Fashion Week starts exactly one week from today.  There is too much information for me to give you in one post, let alone the p.s., so go visit their site for information and to buy. those. tickets.  You wont' be disappointed, trust me!

p.p.s.  And the winners of the JUNIEblake giveaway are......... Shelley Z and Sabrina B.  Congratulations!

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At August 29, 2012 at 4:46 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

Hm, I've yet to attend a KC fashion week...

I like the yellow dress, but I've actually put together a white outfit for winter...

 
At September 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM , Anonymous Jenny said...

That dress is gorgeous (and so are you!)...I would love for you to come link up to my Sunday Style linky party :)

 
At September 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM , Anonymous Jessi said...

Love that dress! I'm jealous you can pull of yellow (I'm too pale and it washes me out) Loving the necklace with it too!

-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

 
At September 5, 2012 at 12:49 PM , Anonymous Sherri C said...

Dresses are my favorite and that yellow is such a fun color. I like how you paired it with a statement necklace!




sherriamour.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home