Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Wheels and Fields Charity Event

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wheels and Fields Charity Event

The event came and went.  It was fun (but honestly, automobiles really aren't my thing,) although I do think the vehicles of the late 19th century and early 20th century had so much panache. 

I had stopped at a few vintage/consignment stores looking for something of the 20s flapper variety, but gave up before finding the dream outfit.  Interestingly enough, I was at Kohls to buy a shirt for my son, when I saw this dress hanging on the end of the clearance rack (for 90% off - $7.80, not even kidding.)  I loved the color and was absolutely surprised to find that I actually. like. the. dress.  It is actually sleeveless and with my preference for sleeves I created a cap sleeve pattern...........and was impressed by my resourcefulness as well as my symmetrical abilities :)  I checked the accessories next and found a fun Vera Wang necklace (again, on sale $8.40,) and my search for the dress ended (though don't think this is the end of it - I will find my flapper dress!)

Of course I forgot my camera, but I convinced the Mister to take some oufit shots. 












The necklace had a "ribbon-tie" closure.  Not sure I liked that.....
This is the jacket I would have worn.....if it hadn't been 83 degrees!
I just added this jacket because I loved the blue and yellow contrast!


My hair stylist had shown me how to create a "bob" effect.  I didn't pull it off very well, but I actually liked how it turned out!  I love these shoes - they are my favorite, and I don't think I will ever let them go. 

dress Simply Vera Vera Wang, fur jacket LC Lauren Conrad, necklace Vera Wang, shoes JCrew, raincoat Daisy Fuentes

5 Comments:

At April 12, 2011 at 1:19 PM , Blogger The Next Dave Barry said...

Love.the.dress.
And the yellow jacket is stunning with it.
Also the haircut is very elegent.
Last but not least ... I hope you tipped the photographer as he did a fabulous job!!

 
At April 12, 2011 at 11:10 PM , Blogger Alida B. said...

That yellow coat with that blue dress....I'm drooling! WOW! Those two colors together are always so beautiful to me. Seriously jealous of the great buy. Here in podunk all we have is Walmart and JCPenney's. Boooo!

 
At April 17, 2011 at 8:26 PM , Blogger Laynalou3 said...

Cute, cute, CUTE!

 
At May 11, 2011 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Cute, cute, CUTE!

 
At May 11, 2011 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love.the.dress.
And the yellow jacket is stunning with it.
Also the haircut is very elegent.
Last but not least ... I hope you tipped the photographer as he did a fabulous job!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home