Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: The Marriage of Figaro.....in sequins

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Marriage of Figaro.....in sequins

This past weekend my husband and I attended the finale to a great season of Opera at the Lyric Theater - The Marriage of Figaro.  I love the opera for two reasons; first, I love the music and second, I. love. dressing. up.  It was a bit cool in Kansas City, which was actually perfect for my newest "opera" skirt. 



This skirt is like liquid luxury.  I admit I was trepadacious about wearing it when it first arrived, but as soon as I got it on I could not stop smiling.   My husband wasn't able to take pics, so I sequestered my little sister to take the shots.  My smiles were super contagious, because even she couldn't stop smiling (and her idea of fashion is sweats and a t-shirt!) 






This picture is for my sister Aurelia - the skirt is dedicated to concert pianists and music conductors around the globe!
{skirt & tee JCrew, belt GAP, shoes vintage, pashmina wrap NY street vendor}

This skirt gets a Triple PPP rating!  I love it, and hope to wear it to pieces ☺

3 Comments:

At April 20, 2011 at 11:14 AM , Blogger The Next Dave Barry said...

You wore a t-shirt to the opera? I like the skirt and the piano in the picture adds Drama to the skirt.

 
At April 20, 2011 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Becca [Free Honey] said...

The skirt is beautiful! It looks so luxurious and glamorous. I don't have nearly enough occasions to wear pieces like this in my everyday life!

 
At May 11, 2011 at 2:44 PM , Anonymous Becca [Free Honey] said...

The skirt is beautiful! It looks so luxurious and glamorous. I don't have nearly enough occasions to wear pieces like this in my everyday life!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home