Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Baseball and Pregnant Ladies

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Baseball and Pregnant Ladies

Ok, so there was only one pregnant lady.  A few weeks ago, I found myself in a fashion-challenging situation: baseball game in the heat straight to a baby shower for friends I hadn't seen in well, years!  Why was it a challenge?  I wasn't going to be able to change, and what could I possibly wear to sit on the bleachers in the blazing hot sun that I could then wear to a baby shower where, chances were, everyone would be dressed up to some degree?  I also have to mention that I have been pregnant three times.  I went through this vicious cycle the first time, where I couldn't wait to wear maternity clothes for two reasons: first, I was looking chubby, but not pregnant (and I really wanted people to know that I wasn't just getting fat, I was growing a baby!) and second, it felt like it would really make the whole thing real (and people would start lying to my face about what a cute pregnant person I was.)  The desire to wear maternity clothes lasted about two weeks.  By then, it was too late.  I had to wear them because nothing else would fit.  I had to do this two more times, but those last two times, I tried my hardest to squeeze every last centimeter out of my non-maternity clothes before conforming!  Where was I?  Oh, yes.  My point.  Out of compassion for pregnant women everywhere, baby showers should be like weddings - no one, NO ONE, should look better than you.  Yeah, that's a tough one.  Pretty much all non-pregnant woman will look better than you, if for no other reason than they have far more wardrobe options than you do;  I spent the last few weeks of every pregnancy was in dresses, or if I was really lucky, my bathrobe!

Now that I've built up the suspense (read: bored you to death) here is what I wore:



{dress RL shoes Steve Madden bracelet, necklace Target}


Obviously, I now see the error of my ways.  I won't ever try to take a picture of a yellow dress inside, next to a yellow wreath.  Lesson learned.


p.s. She's expecting a girl (any day now!) and I just about died trying not to buy everything in the store!  Wish they had this in my size:

{dress Target sold out}

10 Comments:

At June 7, 2011 at 6:25 AM , Anonymous Rachael said...

You look great! That dress was an excellent choice. Seems very versatile.

Actually, I think your photos turned out nicely--I like the yellow wreath :)

 
At June 7, 2011 at 6:41 AM , Anonymous RelatableStyle said...

I like everything about that dress, color and cut :-) In fact, I wish it was in my closet, too :-D

Relatable Style

 
At June 7, 2011 at 12:44 PM , Anonymous Charlesandkelly said...

sweet and simple!!!

 
At June 7, 2011 at 2:26 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! How's that little cutie doing??

 
At June 7, 2011 at 2:27 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! It's been my favorite dress since I bought it.....ten years ago!!

 
At June 7, 2011 at 2:28 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks. The wreath is newer. I had a red one that I absolutely loved (it was for Christmas, but I loved it so much I used it year round, it looked so perfect against my white door and light blue house!) but it was starting to look um, worn out, lol!

 
At June 7, 2011 at 5:12 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

You look perfectly appropriate for both the game and the shower. The wreath accentuates the paler yellow nicely.

 
At June 7, 2011 at 11:10 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

I think the yellow dress looks great on you! Also, that baby dress is too cute! =)

 
At June 9, 2011 at 12:42 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! I really would wear that dress if it was in my size! I love the dip-dyed look it has :)

 
At June 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks, Terri! The first thing I saw when I uploaded the photos was YELLOW!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home