Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: The Five Foot Beach

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Five Foot Beach

That was not a typo.  We honestly have a beach about two miles from the place I call home.  It's about five feet wide and five feet back from the waters edge.  Children play here.  I think the max. occupancy is 12.  And the water isn't blue.  Or green. 


Yes, I love that picture.  Or the idea of wading into a dirty lake clad in rainboots and a pencil skirt.

Here are the slightly less dramatic and therefore less artistic photos of this outfit:






{skirt, shirt Zara belt H&M bangles Target shoes Naughty Monkey necklace c/o My Grandmother Z}

I had a sweater that I thought to use as an "accessory" but of course opted not to use it.  Quite concerned for its well-being near the water on such a windy day, I asked The Mr. to protect it for me.  Which he did. 



I barely had time to snap the shutter before he took it off, lol!




12 Comments:

At May 31, 2011 at 5:03 PM , Anonymous Trish Elting said...

Your Mr is the bomb to keep your sweater safe!

 
At May 31, 2011 at 6:39 PM , Anonymous RelatableStyle said...

Wow, your skirt fits you like a glove. That piece was made for you :-D Oh and I'd certainly love to have a beach near my house. I'd even be okay with a one-foot-beach, as long as it's MY foot that's on it :-D

Relatable Style

 
At May 31, 2011 at 6:46 PM , Anonymous Rebecca said...

Tim Gunn said no horizontal stripes or capris after 40 so I'm going overboard on the stripes this year. Luckily you still have tons of time before you hit 40 so live it up!

 
At May 31, 2011 at 11:24 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I wonder if Tim Gunn just likes to hear himself talk.......

 
At May 31, 2011 at 11:25 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

It did fit like a glove....I really wanted the next size up, but they were out. I might as well wear them tight while I'm still young.....ish. haha!

 
At May 31, 2011 at 11:25 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I am partial to my Mr. He's the only one I've got, and I plan to keep it that way, lol!

 
At June 20, 2011 at 3:06 PM , Anonymous Princesse Moda said...

You look great!!! I love the yellow boots!!! hahaha

princessealamode.onsugar.com

 
At June 20, 2011 at 3:12 PM , Anonymous consejosmoda said...

love your look! is really nice!!
I am following your blog
kisses
duapara
duapara-duapara.blogspot.com

 
At June 20, 2011 at 10:50 PM , Anonymous danidani said...

I'm loving the yellow rain boots!!

http://nanysklozet.blogspot.com

 
At June 21, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I love wellies! Does it show?

 
At June 21, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Welcome, it's great to have you!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Yellow + Wellies? Yes, please. Haha!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home