Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: DIY Pouch

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

DIY Pouch

A few months ago, I came across this tutorial.  SO EASY, right?  I couldn't wait to make one for myself.  Okay, so I made three, and have the materials to make five more (a girl can never have too many options, right? Haha!)  I know lots of bloggers have been making these, and have posted tutorials as well.  I know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I really wanted to take this idea and add my own style to it. 

My first attempt:





My second attempt:


I think the invisible zipper is a no-go.  Also, it looks best folded over. Regardless,  I love this combo!!



My third attempt:




I know this one is a little pase, so I added a little touch of me:

Surprise!  I love this lining.  I saw it months ago and although I had no idea what I would ever use it for, I bought a yard (which you should never do, at the risk of having shelves of fabric that, while pretty to look at, will never be "anything.")

Remember how imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?  Meet Taylor of Curly in the City, and view her etsy shop here.  Taking a page from her book, I have lots of left over fabric and have considered making a few more of these and selling them.  If you are interested, send me an email or tweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home