Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Cleavage. The good, the bad, the ugly.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Cleavage. The good, the bad, the ugly.

Admit it.  The only reason why you are reading this post is because the title sucked you in.  Right?  It would've sucked me in, lol! 

“I have the advantage of study,” he [Manolo Blahnik] told Colin McDowell. “I’ve been studying the art of the shoe… for over twenty years. I know every process. I know how to cut and cut away here (the side of the shoe) and still make it so that it stays on the foot. And the secret of toe cleavage, a very important part of the sexuality of the shoe. You must only show the first two cracks. And the heel. Even if it’s twelve centimetres high it still has to feel secure – and that’s a question of balance. That’s why I carve each heel personally myself – on the machine and then by hand with a chisel and file, until it’s exactly right.”


{shoes JCrew}

Oops.  Does this make me a toe cleavage bearing whore??  Haha!  If I could ask Manolo Blahnik one question, it would be, "The first two cracks from the right or from the left???"  Just kidding.  The question would be something more like, "Will you come live in my home and make me a new pair of shoes daily?" 

p.s. Jen (pronounced Yen) doesn't like the word "thrifted", which is great, because these shoes weren't exactly "thrifted."  They were consigned.  So I bought them.  For $25.  I know, it isn't impressive, but I gotta tell you, I really love these shoes.  And $25 beat the original price (which was $178 if I remember correctly.)

Thrift | Everybody, Everywear

12 Comments:

At June 10, 2011 at 7:48 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

Must go check the toe cleavage on ALL my shoes, NOW.

 
At June 11, 2011 at 1:15 AM , Anonymous Sylviaelee79 said...

LOL!! You toe cleavage savage!!! I loved this post.

 
At June 11, 2011 at 1:16 AM , Anonymous Charlie said...

LOL!! You toe cleavage savage!!! I loved this post. Oppps, I hadn't signed up!!!

 
At June 12, 2011 at 3:39 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Hahaha! Glad to know my foot looks only slightly slutty! ;)

 
At June 12, 2011 at 3:39 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Please report back......I'm not the only one am I?? LOL!

 
At June 12, 2011 at 3:40 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Glad you loved the post. I do try for humor every once in awhile ;)

 
At June 13, 2011 at 11:07 PM , Anonymous VanC said...

Bahahaha! A very unexpected slut meter. Thanks for the post.

 
At June 14, 2011 at 7:53 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Glad you like it!

 
At June 17, 2011 at 4:13 PM , Anonymous Kenzi Mills said...

You're right. The title sucked me in. And I laughed when it was all about TOE cleavage. I used to be very reserved about my toe cleavage. Now I let it all hang out!!

ohhh what I would do for some Manolos... sigh

Kenzi
http://thecardiqueen.blogspot.com

 
At June 17, 2011 at 8:35 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I don't mind being a slut for a good pair of Manolos!

 
At July 22, 2011 at 10:51 PM , Anonymous dellagraceslife said...

Cleavage, smeavage. I used to care, but now? What the hay! They are my feet and shoes I love, so I'm wearing them.

Gorgeous shoes! Are they metallic/sparkly?

 
At July 25, 2011 at 11:21 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

They are metallic shiny.....crackled I think was the original term used to describe them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home