Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: -4x + 3x = -x

Friday, July 1, 2011

-4x + 3x = -x

This weeks questions brought to you by Modly Chic:

What’s your go-to outfit formula?  Simple: (s+t+s) + p = c and (b+d+h+p+c+r+s) + p = d.  Oh wait, you don’t read Algebra, lol?   striped t-shirt + pants = casual.  Button down, half-popped collar, rolled sleeves + pants = dressy.  Pearls, pearls, and more pearls = PPP*




How did you come about this formula: AH + JO + GK + x = classic American women.  Audrey Hepburn? Jackie O.?  Grace Kelly?  Take any classic woman (especially from those old movies I gushed over in my last post) and that is where my inspiration comes from. 




Do you have different formulas for different occasions in your life?  Why, yes I do, thank you for asking.  My formula looks something like this: tmf + bbq = wc or The Mr.’s Fam + BBQ = washable clothing.  Theorem applied: if dogs and cats are present, then clothing will get dirty.  If clothing will get dirty, clothing must be washable.  If clothing is washable, then clothing must be made of cotton, linen or polyester.  If clothing is made of cotton, linen, or polyester AND washable, it must be casual.  I call this the washable theorem.  Can you see where I’m going with this…..?


Ok, so this was at the beach, not a bbq, but you get the idea, right?
Has it morphed over the years?  Good golly, I hope so!  Have you ever seen someone who still seems to be sporting that 80s hairstyle (and not because it’s come back in style??)  Or someone who’s worn stirrup pants for the past 30 years?  I don’t ever want to get stuck in a style.  I like to think I’m adaptable, flexible, and capable of change (and courageous enough to try new things.)  Like a fine wine aged cheddar, I only get better with age, right?  Bahahahaha!
I could really go for a good fondue right now.  Math makes me hungry :)

Which other blogger’s outfit formula would you like to swipe?  If there were any math class I would like to take, it's Beth Jones of B. Jones Style.  Is there anything she can’t do?  Or doesn’t do?  I just don’t think I could ever work up the courage to really think outside the box! 

Hope everyone has a great Holiday weekend!

p.s. I love math.  Even calculus.  I'm a math nerd and I'm proud of it, lol!

9 Comments:

At July 1, 2011 at 9:30 PM , Anonymous VanC said...

Very cute post. I am not at all good with regular numbers, but I like your math lesson. Though, I think you left out a key component to your equations--a beautiful smile! :D Have a wonderful holiday weekend.
Van // The Clothes We Wear
Wearing motherhood with style.

 
At July 2, 2011 at 2:07 AM , Anonymous Mandy said...

Cute twist on the "equation". I look forward to checking out the rest of your blog! I TOTALLY want fondue now...DESSERT fondue...Thanks ;)

 
At July 3, 2011 at 2:55 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! You are right, I totally left that variable out! #failedthismathtest lol!

 
At July 3, 2011 at 2:55 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Call me, and I'll join you for the dessert, lol!

 
At July 4, 2011 at 3:04 PM , Anonymous Jenn said...

Haha, I loved reading this post!! So cute! :) I'm also a huge math nerd, so I really enjoyed all your little formulas and theorems. :)

 
At July 5, 2011 at 2:08 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! Math Nerds Unite! :)

 
At July 7, 2011 at 2:26 AM , Anonymous VanC said...

I'm beginning to suspect that you may not be the mathematician you claim to be. Hmmm, veeeerrry interesting. ;)

 
At July 7, 2011 at 9:28 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Oh no! I've been found out.......however, if you check the formula in the title, it IS genuine, lol!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Welcome said...

Very well written!
& i totally “get“ u on the algebra fashion! It makes perfect sense to me!
Jess@ the balanced libra
Glad i found your blog, great read!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home