Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Is the Glass Half Empty?

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Is the Glass Half Empty?

Or is it half full?  Which came first: the chicken or the egg?  To be or not to be? Is this t-shirt dressed up, or is everything else dressed down?  Ponder these seriously important questions while you scroll through the photos, please.  There may or may not be a quiz......



Necklace: Target + c/o The Mr.
Top: JCrew
Bottoms: JCrew ($29.99!)
Shoes: F21 (old)


I really wanted  a fabulous pearl statement necklace, but haven't been able to find one that I really liked (or that was Triple P worthy.)  I woke up one day and it occurred to me that if I just twisted two of my favorite necklaces together, Wah-lah!  A Triple-P pearl statement necklace.  The Mr. couldn't be more pleased that this one didn't cost him a single dime ;)

Did you think I would forget?  I really want to know: is this t-shirt dressed up, or does the t-shirt dress down the rest of the outfit??

On yet another side note, this is my Bloggers Do It Better post......I know that gray isn't quite the "khaki-ish colored neutral" that most refer to, but I find myself not really enjoying khaki (except for the shoes.....loving the nude colored shoes that are so in right now!)  Why khaki when there is black, gray, white, and everything in between?

8 Comments:

At June 16, 2011 at 12:37 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

I love the pearls! And it dresses up the entire look!

 
At June 16, 2011 at 1:35 PM , Anonymous SunnySeedLisa said...

What a great outfit! Do you know if those necklaces are still available at Target? I want to get my own!

 
At June 16, 2011 at 6:20 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! Don't be too surprised if you see the pearls in almost every post for awhile, lol!

 
At June 16, 2011 at 6:22 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! I don't think so, but the one from Target is just a triple strand, and the larger pearls are a double strand my husband bought me. I am sure you could find some similar. If I get around to it, I'll photograph the necklaces separately so you can see them. There is also a similar, though on a slightly less chunky scale, necklace at JCrew right now.

 
At June 17, 2011 at 9:03 AM , Anonymous Amber said...

im a huge fan of pearls, too. i just love how youre wearing them. are those the minnie pants from J. Crew? ive never seen them look that good on anyone!
Easy Petite Looks

 
At June 17, 2011 at 1:24 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Yes! They are the minnie's......I usually pair them with a longer shirt, because they truly are not flattering to my body type. I also went up a size (to fit my thighs into) and then had the waist and hips altered to fit. A lot of work, but I love them!

 
At June 20, 2011 at 2:07 PM , Anonymous Flor said...

I am loving your pearls!!! I need to get them ASAP :-)
xo

Flor
http://flordemariafashion.com/

 
At June 21, 2011 at 12:31 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! This is one of my most treasured gifts from The Mr.!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home