Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Day 2: Denim Skinnies

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 2: Denim Skinnies

When the little nuclei of my amazing genetics were entering the codes for thigh structure (bone, muscle and tissue,) it was the late 70s.  The very late 70s and my nuclei obvioulsy thought that trouser pants were here to stay.  That's my explanation for why my genetic "team" failed to take into account that I might appreciate the kind of legs that could look good in skinny jeans (and really, any pant.)  No, my little genes gave me good strong legs that look best in a trouser or wide leg pant.  If your genes didn't provide you with "skinny jean" legs, JCrew offers a solution (amongst other reputable clothiers.)  I submit the Matchstick:



The slightly more friendly option to sausage.  Thank you JCrew.  I lived in these last winter, and I will most likely live in them this winter. 

Did anyone else have a problem with the skinny jean trend?

2 Comments:

At October 3, 2011 at 11:26 AM , Anonymous Savannah said...

I love my skinnies. I'm a petite, no waisted, long-legged, stick with no curves and I love my skinnies, even if they don't provide me with a little something-something. Plus, I live where there is a need for boots in the winter and they are so much easier to tuck than the boot cut jeans that every fashionista tells me I'm supposed to wear.

I am looking forward to following your 31 day challenge. I've taken the challenge too and am filling my month with artist covers, if you're into music.

 
At October 3, 2011 at 5:20 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I really wanted to wear all these awesome boots that have been out for the past few years.....and they just look wrong if your pants aren't well-fitting! I'm excited to see your artist covers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home