Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Day 3: Pencil Skirt

Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 3: Pencil Skirt

I've seen women of every shape and size look good in a pencil skirt.  

Personal Case in Point: My sister Aurelia always said she looked awful in them - they made her hips look funky.  Fast forward a few years (and many shopping trips later) and she showed up at my house one day wearing.........a pencil skirt.  And it looked good.  Moral of that story?  Sometimes we have to try on a lot of different pencil skirts to find the one (or more, if we are lucky) that are flattering.

Whether pencil skirts are the silhouette of the season or not, they are one of my wardrobe essentials.




Skirt: Forever 21 ($7!!)
Top: JCrew
Jacket: Wet Seal
Necklace: Target
Shoes: Candies (via Kohls)

What do you think of pencil skirts?  Do you have one in your closet?



See Day 2: Denim Skinnies


8 Comments:

At October 3, 2011 at 6:54 PM , Anonymous RelatableStyle said...

Love the matching stripey top and shoes! I'm always in for matching things, lol! Not much of a pencil skirt wearer though. I own one for corporate settings and prefer A-line otherwise :-)

Relatable Style

 
At October 3, 2011 at 7:48 PM , Anonymous Onlyfromscratch said...

I haven't worn one since my pre-pregnancy days! They don't seem to make these in maternity size. I do love them, though, and maybe I;ll just try to create a maternity version.

 
At October 4, 2011 at 12:50 PM , Anonymous Rambling Heather said...

I was so excited to see your button on Chatting At The Sky today. Love that you are writing about the basics. I'm stuck in a "hand-me-down" rut and need to start figuring out what it is that I really love and begin wearing those things. Love skirts!

 
At October 4, 2011 at 2:54 PM , Anonymous Natalie said...

Darling outfit! Okay, where is this magical Forever 21 that carries skirts that long?! This is the third I've seen online, yet my store only seems to carry skirts that are half this length!

 
At October 4, 2011 at 3:08 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I'm glad you found me! I love skirts - especially in the summer :)

 
At October 4, 2011 at 3:11 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I know! The skirts at F21 are NEVER long enough for me. Except this one. They had it featured a month or so ago, and they sold out FAST. It was one of those pure luck things. I walked into the F21 downtown and there they were, laid out all nice and pretty on a big white table. I almost bought one in every color (now I wish I had, lol!)

 
At November 2, 2011 at 4:14 PM , Anonymous iVeronique said...

I have YET to get a pencil skirt. Last year I gave the only black one I owned away. My belly fat just wouldn't let me squeeze in it another day!
UUGGGHHH...Down 8 pounds from Stress Starving and would love to get in it today!
Ya look FAB!

 
At November 3, 2011 at 9:07 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

That was always the hardest part about post-pregnancy. I held onto some of my clothes for years - until I finally accepted that even if I lost the weight, *parts* of my body had changed and they weren't going to change back! I can still think of a few skirts that I wish I could still wear (but I gave them to my little sister - just in case I ever want them back, lol!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home