Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Puddle Jumping

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Puddle Jumping

I'm not going to lie.  I was a young girl in the 80s.  I adored Debbie Gibson.  I thought Cyndi Lauper was the queen of punk (in my defense, I was 5.)  For Halloween, I wanted to dress in scruffy tights with holes, a ruffly mini-skirt and high heels - and I really, really wanted to wear those fingerless lace gloves.  I'd like to think I've come a long way since then. 

I also think that might be the reason why I just cannot bring myself to indulge in some of the current 80s trends!!  You know, like colored tights. 




Umbrella: Totes (via Target)
Jacket: Old Navy
Dress: Thrifted (there is no tag)
Bracelets: Target
Tights: Vera Wang
Socks: Vera Wang
Boots: Charlotte Russe








I had to add this one - as a wanna-be photographer, I love the reflection in the puddle!!

 
Colored Tights | Everybody, Everywear

11 Comments:

At November 8, 2011 at 9:12 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

You look like you're having so much fun splashing about in those puddles! And I love your giraffe bracelet- so cute! =)

 
At November 8, 2011 at 9:23 PM , Anonymous Jemappelleshen said...

hey I participated in the EBEW challenge too, came across your link && I think its so cute how you layered the socks over the tights!


jemappelleshen.wordpress.com

 
At November 10, 2011 at 9:16 AM , Anonymous Jenn said...

Cute!! I love your boots :) The reflection in the puddle is really neat! Jumping in puddles is so fun.

 
At November 10, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Anonymous Roseystyle said...

Agreed the layered socks over the tights is great! But those Target bracelets you have been layering all week are great. I WANT too!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I was having fun. Although it was a bit cold! I can't seem to get enough of my giraffe bracelet this week!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! I love the EBEW challenges....

 
At November 10, 2011 at 5:28 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! I just thought it was a cool picture - I didn't even do it on purpose (thought next time I will, now that I know!)

 
At November 10, 2011 at 5:29 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! You should have seen me in Target with my arms full of bracelets. I had a hard time deciding which ones I really wanted, lol!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 9:36 PM , Anonymous meagan said...

I love your red galoshes and the layering of your really tall socks!
-Meagan
www.spunkychateau.com

 
At November 11, 2011 at 8:55 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks. I love that you called them galoshes! Say that three times, lol!

 
At December 3, 2011 at 12:46 AM , Anonymous Cathy said...

haha. It seems that you have lots of fun playing while it's raining. Love the red boots and the whole outfit as well. The bracelets are lovely too. :)

Cheers,
Cathy@custom digitizing

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home