Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Day 31: The Costume

Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 31: The Costume

Day 31 is a costume?? Shocking, I know.


I know.  A black cat.  I really had to get creative with this one (eye roll.)  The accessories only cost about $1 (thank you Target 75% clearance,) and it's just so easy.  And my sons were impressed - that counts for something right?

I had to add this photo.  If you've ever read my little "Dose of Humility" over there in the right hand corner, you'd get why I have to add this:


Um, yeah.  That's my best cat impression.  Haha.

On another note, has anyone noticed that the only women's adult costumes are well, adult - as in rated X?  Everything is sexy.  Adult Hermione - in a cape and school dress that barely covers your arse.  Adult Nurse - in well, you know that one.  Adult Zombie - well, lets just say the clothes are ripped in some really interesting places.  Even Dorothy gets a mini gingham dress!  I guess Halloween is the only time we can actually get away with dressing slutty.  I mean full-on slutty.  Picking my children up from school last Friday, I realized it's also the only time you can get away with letting your pre-pubescent daughters get away with dressing slutty as well.  Not that I'm judging anyone (but I thank my lucky stars that I didn't have any daughters!)

This concludes my 31 days of Wardrobe Essentials.  I hope you enjoyed it!


6 Comments:

At November 1, 2011 at 7:03 AM , Anonymous Jenn said...

I loved your 31 Days of Wardrobe Essentials! This was a fun series :) Haha, I know what you mean about adult costumes. I always try to come up with something from my closet instead (plus it's much cheaper!).

 
At November 2, 2011 at 11:28 AM , Anonymous Natalie said...

Very cute (and covered!) I was also relieved I didn't have daughters to dress up after seeing the costumes in the stores this year. Hello?! And isn't it COLD across much of the country in October? Put some clothes on, people!

 
At November 3, 2011 at 9:02 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! You are speaking my language on the costume+closet+cheap comment, lol!

 
At November 3, 2011 at 9:04 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

It was pretty cool outside, and yes, I'm glad that I don't have a daughter - not just at Halloween - but in the summer as well. Some of those shorts are.....wow. How does a parent handle their child wanting to wear something that may be a) terribly unflattering and b) inappropriate? I would probably fail. Miserably.

 
At November 7, 2011 at 9:50 AM , Anonymous Styleonthecouch said...

I love your costume :-)

www.styleonthecouch.com

 
At June 30, 2012 at 1:11 AM , Anonymous zombie costumes said...

Black cat.Looking so cute.Nice dress up

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home