Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Torpedoes and Nerf Balls

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Torpedoes and Nerf Balls

Meggy of Chasing Davies has asked us, "What's in your Beach Bag?"

This is my daily pool bag, shared with my sons:


They use up most of that real estate.  It's chock full of nerf balls, cars, torpedoes, goggles, swim diapers and smashed crackers.  (This is my favorite bag however, thrifted when I was in High School!)

What I'm dreaming of (in about ten years:)








Splurge  bag ,  towel (who doesn't need a little Missoni in their life?)  and sunscreen (expensive, and light, not greasy!)
Save  bag towel (can attach to a beach/lounge chair!) and  sunscreen 
NO MATTER WHAT! Face sunscreen - I can't live without this stuff.  It's expensive, but it works and it doesn't make my face break out.  Worth every penny.  Snacks - what can I say, it's better than junk food and you don't have to keep them cool - almonds  and dried apricots

 I know, where's my trendy iPad in it's even trendier iPad case?  I love to people watch.  It's one of the advantages to dark sunglasses.........

Where's my latest book (Fifty Shades of Grey? NEVER.  Don't even get me started on that crap.)? See the iPad clause.

The truth is, sand isn't pretty.  It gets everywhere.  You get a little bit of it with your snack and polished your teeth. It gets in your car, then it clogs your vacuum.  You will find it months later in something you swore you didn't take to the beach.  That's why I pack lightly.  And I forgot to add a bottle of water, but you don't really want to see a picture of that, do you?

What's in your Beach (or pool) bag?

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At July 6, 2012 at 12:53 AM , Anonymous Laura Hojnacke said...

My bag usually has all of the towels, extra swim diapers for the little boy, my wallet and keys, sunscreen and some snacks. I am using an old Lancome freebie mesh beach bag I acquired in my old cosmetics salesperson days. It is perfect for sand!

 
At July 6, 2012 at 8:04 AM , Anonymous Kristin & Megan said...

It's amazing how kiddos dominate our bags even after we put diaper bags away! And thanks so much for becoming a Rosebud...: )

 
At July 6, 2012 at 2:43 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Kiddos dominate everything, especially my food. I’m always the last to eat, lol! So glad I found the Rosebud girls!


Erin B.

prettypolishedperfect.com

 
At July 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM , Anonymous Meggy said...

Love the bag you thrifted in High School! Awesome - thanks for linking up!

 
At July 11, 2012 at 7:28 AM , Anonymous Sandy a la Mode said...

i love your bag girl, and what's inside! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home