Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Polished Wednesdays: How to Polish Silver

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Polished Wednesdays: How to Polish Silver

I'm just kidding.  I don't know how to polish silver, but judging by the comments on the many pins I've seen - it must be a pain in the butt.


This is actually a simple recipe* for an easy salad (that your guests will be sure to polish off - did you see what I did there? #nerdalert)  My sister made it for us when we went to see her for our fun Wax Museum date, and I fell in love with the taste and its' simplicity.  I always ask for dressing on the side not because I'm watching my weight, but because most places tend to have a "would you like salad with that dressing" ratio than a "would you like dressing with that salad" one.  In fact, whoever is in charge of determining the ratios of ingredients to dressing should probably be fired.  End rant.  Oh wait, I forgot to tell you the part where I hate balsamic vinegar, and thusly all vinaigrette's) another reason I love this recipe. So, without further ado.....


Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Olive Oil dressing**

Salad:

2 Cups spinach
1 handful of strawberries, sliced (or 5 handfuls, depending on how well you like strawberries lol)
1 handful of cashews, chopped (see above)

Dressing:

1 T olive oil
1 pinch dried basil
2 turns of the pepper mill
1 pinch of salt
A little less than half of a lemon or lime, squeezed (of course)


Stir dressing ingredients together with a fork, drizzle over spinach (you did put the spinach in a bowl, right?, toss (the salad.)  Top with strawberries and chopped cashews.  Eat it.

*I'm not a professional chef, cook or baker.  I am however, a professional suburbanite who watches every season of Top Chef, loves eating food, and loves this salad recipe.

**Recipe adapted from Loren Cordain's The Paleo Diet Cookbook, copyright 2011

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 4, 2013 at 3:23 PM , Anonymous Julie said...

Throw some goat cheese in there and I'm in.

 
At December 13, 2013 at 3:18 AM , Anonymous whatiwear Wiw said...

Hello Prettypolishedperfect,



I'm
Valencia, the community manager of WhatIWear. I checked out your blog, and I
think your style is awesome! It should be seen by more people! That's why I'd
like to invite you to WhaIWear.com. With 1,5 million page views a month,
WhatIWear.com is the leading street style website in Asia. Plus, we're still
growing, so it's perfect for rising fashionistas to have their chance to SHINE
at the spotlight.



Maybe
you can post these pics as your first looks on WhatIWear? I bet our members
will be rooting for you as well!



We
cannot wait to see your awesome style.

Click
www.whatiwear.com to get started.





See you
soon,

Valencia

Community
manager

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home