Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Perfect Fridays: Family, Fun & the Hollywood Wax Museum

Friday, November 29, 2013

Perfect Fridays: Family, Fun & the Hollywood Wax Museum

A few weekends ago, The Mr and I met up with my sister (The Bio-Statistician) and Her Mr (The Personal Trainer.)  Try to keep up, okay?  Just kidding.  We hit the main strip in Branson, Missouri to check out the Hollywood Wax Museum.  I had no idea what to expect.  First, it's called a museum; but that doesn't mean you can't hop right up their with the wax figures and goof around while (and this is so completely anti-museum I felt like I was breaking rules) taking photos.  


Let me introduce you to The Personal Trainer, the biggest ham you will ever meet.


The Personal Trainer and Their Golden Child had visited the Hollywood Wax Museum previously, and he was pleasantly surprised to see that their were many new figures being represented; he also warned us about the scary hall of monsters that I pretty much raced through (I do not do scary.)


We had quite a few laughs as we hit up half of Hollywood's celebrities.  And this is how The Personal Trainer feels about this guy:


And this guy:


And this guy too:


Obviously I felt the same way, lol!  At almost every single vignette, I wished I had something to dress up in.  I was rewarded here:


And here, right before I bathed in hand sanitizer:


Beam us up, Scotty:


Before Carly Rae Jepson made it cool:


And finally, this one:


I'm not sure we ever stopped laughing (or taking pictures.)  It was fun, and maybe next time we will take the boys (though I'm not sure they will even know who half these characters are.)  Many of the wax figures at the Hollywood Wax Museum were incredibly life-like (and a bit creepy) and others seemed......not quite like they do on screen.  A word to the wise, the lighting isn't perfect so be prepared to use those flashes (that I can't stand using!)  For more information on tourist attractions (like wax museums) visit HollywoodWaxMuseum.com.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At November 29, 2013 at 2:28 PM , Anonymous Madi Sanders said...

The Kate Spade Saturday deals look pretty sweet for Cyber Monday! Hope I win! :)

 
At November 29, 2013 at 10:35 PM , Anonymous Rebecca Ishum said...

I really need some new clothes, so I'd probably go with the Kohls deals. Or maybe the Carter's deals so that I can grab some cute coordinating outfits for our quads! Err.....okay, maybe both. Some deals are too good to pass up!

 
At November 30, 2013 at 9:35 PM , Anonymous Jennifer said...

I'm eyeing that Forever 21 deal! Mama needs some clothes!! haha Seriously, it's sad. I've been either pregnant, with newborn or nursing for the last 4 years! Every time I walk into my closet, I notice I have like 5 shirts and 2 pairs of jeans I fit into right now. It's kind of depressing, BUT catching some of these deals would definitely be nice to enlarge my wardrobe.

 
At November 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM , Anonymous Jennifer said...

Sephora is doing sales too!

 
At December 1, 2013 at 9:12 AM , Anonymous gretchen said...

Kohl's!

 
At December 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM , Anonymous Johnna Perry said...

Harry & David!

 
At December 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM , Anonymous Janice Campbell said...

So many pretty things that I could buy with a $250 Amazon gift card! :)

 
At December 2, 2013 at 5:37 PM , Anonymous Bobbie {the vegan crew} said...

I really like the Cyber Monday Amazon deal -- because I can do 90% of my Christmas shopping with them!

 
At December 2, 2013 at 6:33 PM , Anonymous Hilary Adams said...

I would like to take advantage of the nook sale, but alas, no funds :/
x Hilary

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home