Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Body Image and Why I'm Grateful

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Body Image and Why I'm Grateful

Body Image?  Gratitude?  In the same sentence?  Not usually.  A fellow blogger is hosting a link-up about things we are grateful for (or like) about ourselves - on the outside.  You know, the parts everyone can see.


I came up with one:


1.  At least I'm not short.  I don't want to be short, but I don't really want to be Amazonian either.  I'm good with my height.  My height and I get along well (although sometimes we like to disagree when it comes to pants.)

(I mean, really.  How could I not post this picture?)

I thought about it a little bit more......surely I could come up with four more things!  So, with a little bit of sarcasm, and a mild dose of humility, I give you numbers 2-5:


2.  I'm grateful that my genes were down with losing the excess weight I gained with each pregnancy (through diet and exercise.)  Actually, just exercise.  I cannot seem to control myself when it comes to food.  #nomnom



3.  I'm grateful that I still have all of my appendages.  No, really.  I mean that. 

(I don't have a picture.  Sorry.  Just imagine me doing "The Robot" dance.  Because I'm cool like that.)

4.  I'm glad I have naturally curly hair.  It's probably like having a wig or two....will I be curly, or will I be straight today?  Hmmmmm.....  (Also, it would seem that Oscar de la Renta is making natural (a la frizzy) hair a comeback this next spring......

(Who cares about her hair, look at that dress!  I die. And Oscar de la Renta is a genius)
*image courtesy of Oscar de la Renta and google

5.  I'm glad that I don't have a toe that is longer than my big toe.  I'd probably need an even larger shoe size just to accommodate it!

lucys feet
(Seriously.  This baby has a french pedicure.  Wow.  Just.  Wow.)

That's about all the gratitude I could muster for my physical appearance. 

What about you?  Do you have 5 things that you are grateful for?

*all images courtesy of google pictures

2 Comments:

At November 29, 2011 at 10:32 AM , Anonymous Michelle said...

Thank you for linking up! I'm glad you came up with five and they are fantastic. Thank yoU!

 
At December 22, 2011 at 1:16 AM , Anonymous Bellastoria Shop said...

I love your list! I've gotta know...for my own sanity...what shoe size DO you wear? I'm 5'9 and wear an 11 - oh the humanity!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home