Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Versace for H&M: A Review

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Versace for H&M: A Review

H&M, how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways:

1. Complimentary croissants and drink from Starbucks while we waited

2. Designer collaborations consumers actually like (Karl Lagerfeld, Donatella Versace, etc.,)

3.  Friendly and helpful Sales Associates

4.  Well organized, non-mob style shopping (except for that opening day - that was a zoo!)


Turtleneck: Banana Republic
Shirt: Old Navy
Belt: DIY Grosgrain ribbon
Bracelets: Target
Purse: Versace for H&M
Skirt: Versace for H&M
Tights: I have no idea
Shoes: George (that's right, Wal-mart)


Two more for the road: (I had to add this one - I love the swing of this skirt!!)



H&M had the morning planned so well, keeping us well fed, warm and happy while we patiently waited for the doors to open; only allowing ten people to shop the section at a time (it was so peaceful and calm!); allowing only two of each item per customer (no e-bayers here, thank you very much!)

And thank you Donatella Versace, for making sure that your brand, designs, and aesthetic still mean quality, no matter who you collaborate with.

H&M - you have never disappointed us with your designer collaborations, and I can't wait for the next one (please, please tell me it's Tom Ford!!)

There is more Versace for H&M to come (seriously, there was some good stuff - like that bright leopard print mens' underwear......) so stay tuned!

5 Comments:

At November 19, 2011 at 7:38 PM , Anonymous Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

I checked their website but did not see any way to order anything.
It sounds like you had a wonderful time. You look smashing in this outfit. That skirt really is cool. I look forward to more H&M items in your wardrobe.

 
At November 19, 2011 at 8:52 PM , Anonymous BiblioMOMia said...

That skirt is divine! Must try to swing by this week.

 
At November 19, 2011 at 9:37 PM , Anonymous Collette Osuna said...

Sounds like my kinda shopping trip!!! The skirt is gorgeous...!!! I had Starbucks today as well....just not free, lol.
Following your blog now:)

A Funky Little Fashion Blog

 
At November 21, 2011 at 10:04 AM , Anonymous Rebekah said...

I love the skirt! Last time I checked, the closest H&M to me that is carrying the Versace collection is two hours away, so I'm jealous!

 
At January 18, 2012 at 10:18 AM , Anonymous Rachel said...

you look fabulous!! lovely photos too!!:D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home