Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: And The Oscar Goes To.....

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

And The Oscar Goes To.....

Best Designer:  Christian MICHEAL 

If any of Kansas City's designers want to audition for the next Project Runway, it should be him.  Anyone will tell you that referencing a time-period when designing your clothing can make the collection appear "costume-y."  Christian Micheal found the perfect balance between the throwback to an era gone by, and what a modern man would (and should) wear.  Congratulations, Christian, on a job well done (and your gratitude for your pregnant wife was so endearing!)



Best Theatrical Performance: Evil Pawn Jewelry

I said it in my first review, and I will say it again: not only was the jewelry indicative of major talent (she has more talent than all of the contestants on Project Accessory combined,) but the theatrics of the show created a story that stirred something in us all.  I can't wait to see more from Faith Evangeline in the future! 



Best Color: Haus Designs

I loved every single color that came down that runway - it was difficult to narrow it down to which pictures I wanted to use for Monday's Review.  She used such a wide range of colors and still managed to keep the collection cohesive.  Missouri is lucky to claim her as own of its' own!



Best Hair: Shannon's Place

Hands down.  So good, I might become a client. 
See Tuesday's Review for my two favorite looks. 


At any major event, a camera will often pan the crowd.  Especially if your bare chest is painted, you are standing on your head, or you are doing something embarrassing (like picking your nose.)

So I panned the crowd and found:

Best Style from the Audience (Menswear):


Best Style from the Audience (Runner-Up, Menswear): If for nothing other than his expression....


Best Stand Out Style from the Audience (besides Balloon Girl on the Red Carpet):


Best Accessories from the Audience (if I had been crowned anything, I would never leave home without my crown either):


Best Media from the Audience (haha):

That is me and Louise LeMans, Kansas City Blogger and Pinup (she's the pinup, not me)

Best Moment from the Audience (here's hoping that's his sister....):


Best Embarrassing Moment from the Audience (the guy sitting in front of me.  Playing a game on his phone.  In the middle of a show.  It might not be embarrassing to him, but I'm embarrassed that we are from the same city.  Sorry cell phone guy, but maybe you should have stayed home):



A huge thank you to the team behind Kansas City Fashion Week (follow that link for more runway pictures as well as red carpet photos!):


It was a great success. 

Now please excuse me while I put on my snob hat; might I suggest a dress code (denim, sweats and Uggs?? No.) and a code of conduct (those woman in the front row who had the audacity to find their seats after the show had already started?? No.  The women cat-calling to the shirtless men?? No.  This isn't a Chippendales show!)  Kansas City-ians - Kansas City won't be on the map for the right reasons if we can't be......(for lack of a better word) cool.  Let's make Kansas City great!

 p.s. This is what I wore (and what Bubble Girl Katelyn Payne wore):





4 Comments:

At March 1, 2012 at 12:19 PM , Anonymous Jollene Kuo said...

Clever, cute, and creative post! Now following. :)

 
At March 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM , Anonymous Kris said...

Great Coverage.

 
At March 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Teisha said...

Love it! Can't wait to have you back in September!

 
At March 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM , Anonymous Styleonthecouch said...

What a great event! I really did like the preview of the colours from Haus Designs, I'll have to check them out further.

www.styleonthecouch.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home