Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Kansas City Fashion Week Designer Showcase Review II

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Kansas City Fashion Week Designer Showcase Review II

Kansas City Fashion Week.  Saturday Showcases.

A few worth mentioning, by Fermented Fruit:


I dub this collection "Harley Davidson meets Couture (with this subtlest hint of color.)"





I'm an aging mother. That being said, Kalyn Valliere's Resortwear Collection has some stunning pieces but these are the two pieces I would actually walk away with:



From Jamie Santomosso:


These fingerless gloves were popular in quite a few of the shows.


(Two hairstyles I would love to imitate, by Shannon's Place:)



Sushe by J. Tracey:


The colors, textures and patterns were Ah. Maz. Ing.  In the words of Rachel Zoe: I die.






BrideDoll by Caroline Williard:


Floating straps and fingerless gloves:




KMS Couture presents American Trash:

(or Another Way to Wear Your Birkin):



and my favorite, The Better-Than-Bjork's:


Last show of the afternoon, House of Cochon*:





And this last picture, simply because the hair, makeup and lighting is....aesthetically pleasing to my eye.


It was a great afternoon.  I was inspired by some of the talent that Kansas City has to offer.  Stay tuned for my final post on Kansas City Fashion Week and who I think "won," coming tomorrow (Leap Day!)


1 Comments:

At March 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM , Anonymous Styleonthecouch said...

Wow you got some great pics here! I am totally with you on the pieces from Kalyn Valliere you showed here. Does she have a full site I could go to? Could you tweet me if you know it?

www.styleonthecouch.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home