Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Me, Myself and I.....

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Me, Myself and I.....

      What is your biggest phobia?

That I will lose, or forget, the moments and memories that have meant the most to me (it's why I love photographs, especially when they capture the memory with its thousand words.)


 If you could relive any day of your life, what would it be and why?

I could be cliché and say the day(s) my children were born, or the day I was married, but that isn’t true.  I don’t want to live in the past, I live for the future (I know that is also cliché, but it’s more true to who I am than pretending I would relive any day in the past.)


If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?

21?  Just kidding.  



Haha!  I don’t know what age, maybe 29?  Old enough to still have found my own style (and I’d like to think a bit of wisdom), but young enough to have not gotten the wrinkles yet?

      Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?       
    
      I have only been told I look like an actress once (and I'm okay with that.)  It was a girl at the Y (my gym, where I always, undoubtedly, look my worst), she said I look like the girl from Lost.  I still don't know which girl she was referring to (I never watched it,) but she said it what the actress with the curly hair.  I looked this girl in the eye and asked, "So what you are really saying is that my fro looks like I've been stranded on a strange island without any hair products, right?"  We both laughed.

      What songs are included on the soundtrack of your life?

Oh gosh, I don’t know.  I love music, but I don’t think there is a song that is about me or defines my life.  Some favorites are (and this may shock you) F*^$ You, by Lily Allen – the edited version.  It’s the perfect song for when I am just so angry (which is rare, and usually after listening to the song I’m over it.  Plus, I hide this song from my sons......)  I also love Rapper’s Delight by the SugarHill Gang.  I think because the guys are like the OG’s or rap (or maybe because it’s a little bit disco, a little bit hip-hop and mostly rap – I’m not kidding, watch this YouTube video.)  They weren’t afraid to be different.  And come on, they were kind of awesome.  Right? 

That's it for today, I hope you learned something new.....and that you still like me, lol!



Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At July 17, 2012 at 12:23 AM , Anonymous Sandy a la Mode said...

forever 39, too funny!! and i love that you live for the future!

 
At July 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM , Anonymous Mary Ann said...

She was referring to Kate (Evangeline Lilly). I can see it in your hair and smile. ;-)

 
At July 17, 2012 at 1:34 AM , Anonymous Kristen said...

SO weird- I just left a comment saying that I was afraid of losing my memories and then saw your answer! I love photographs too- I get lost reflecting on the past through them, so I'm glad you said something about living for the future. Thanks for linking up girl! :)

 
At July 17, 2012 at 2:16 PM , Anonymous Jemgirlca said...

I mostly lurk, but had to pop in to say that I LOVE Rapper's Delight. :-) I didn't know there was any video of them, that's great! I my dancing didn't look like the dancer's on that video back then. lol Thanks for the blast from the past!

 
At July 17, 2012 at 7:18 PM , Anonymous Styleonthecouch said...

I really like this post - loved your answer about wanting to be 21 again then just kidding - I get this, I feel more 'myself' as I get older (but I'd like the energy I had at 21 lol!)

www.styleonthecouch.com

Forever 39 - LOL!

 
At July 17, 2012 at 7:54 PM , Anonymous Nihchollvincent said...

I am cracking up at the forever 39 thing! haha

come say hi over at nichollvincent.blogspot.com :)

have a great night!

 
At July 17, 2012 at 8:09 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

You really should open a boutique called Forever 39--women would flock to it.

 
At July 17, 2012 at 9:06 PM , Anonymous Alisa Marie said...

Hey girl - found you through the link-up party! Great post, I love that e-card, I just saw it on pinterest the other Day! I'm your newest follower.

http://allthingsalisamarie.blogspot.com

 
At July 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM , Anonymous Theprettypinhead said...

I take pictures like crazy since I don't want to forget anything, especially now that I am a mom.

Love the forever 39. I'd go!

Just found your blog on the Me, Myself and I Linky Party. New Follower :)

The Pretty Pinhead

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home