Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Day 2: Nude Is Better (Most Of The Time)

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 2: Nude Is Better (Most Of The Time)

I'd apologize for my racy title, but I just couldn't help myself.

For Day 2, I'd like to argue the case of the Nude Shoe vs. the Black Shoe:

While you look at the photograph below, I want you to mentally browse your shoe collection and tell me which shoe you would choose to wear with this fun dress.

Yes this dress was a blast to wear, plus it was my birthday!
Years ago, I would've immediately thought of my black pumps, or maybe some strappy black sandals.  I was really into matchy-matchy (in a bad way!)  Comparing these two photographs, which shoe would you now choose?


Don't get me wrong; both shoes work here.  However, the nude shoe draws your eye upward to the dress (which is what I wanted) while the black shoe draws the eye down to the shoe, which is great - if your shoe is what you want people to see.  Still not convinced?  Try it for yourself; I am a huge believer in taking a photograph - photographs never lie (not without photoshop anyway.)  

Dress: Nordstrom (in black here)
Shoes: Nordstrom Rack (great pair here or an uber-luxe pair here)

The good news?  Nude shoes are everywhere, in varying shades, styles and price point. 

More proof that I'm a nude girl (though I do love my patent leather black pumps!)


I could have worn navy shoes, but looking at the photograph makes me glad I wore nude!

Have I convinced you that nude is (almost always) better?



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 2, 2012 at 8:56 AM , Anonymous the domestic fringe said...

These are on my wish list. You can really tell the nude is better than the black in those photos. Thanks for showing the comparison.

~FringeGirl

 
At October 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM , Anonymous Erin @ Loop Looks said...

Great minds think alike! I just gave the same advice in my post today about black versus nude shoes!

 
At October 3, 2012 at 9:16 AM , Anonymous Lee @ Jandamom- musings of a mom said...

Maybe I'll try a nude lol. I've been seeing them all over but have been hesitant to give up the black. The only issue I foresee is how long into the season I can wear them. I'm assuming only a bare leg will work?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home